Anti Hook Camp / Tunneling Measures
Hi everyone,
Been a while since I've checked this forum, but I've decided I needed to leave this message somewhere. I took a break from the game for a couple months, but I've returned.
Some context, I've got about 200 hours in this game now, it's not that much but I'm not a beginner anymore. Last month I ranked up and was happy to get my blood points with Monday's rank reset. I'm also delighted the queue times as well as loading times seem to be a lot lower than before, that's a big plus!
But then disaster struck; of my 20 games I've played since the reset, I've been hook camped 11 times on first hook and tunneled to death another 5 times, only 4 times I've escaped, of which one was a total beginner who had no clue what he was doing. This ruins the fun. I don't mind dying if the killer just outplays me and/or the team (kudos to the killer!), and believe me, it happens regularly because I'm by far not the best survivor and make mistakes, but what I've described above is just no fun anymore.
I've reached the point where I just don't want to play anymore for a few days so everyone can reach their ranks and I can climb slowly while having fun. I understand the goal of many killers is to rank up again as fast as possible and they needed the blood points (kills) for that, but it shouldn't be like this. One killer I've confronted at the end said "just use decisive strike", oh yeah as if that one escape would keep me alive if he's just gonna continue tunneling me with 3 gens remaining. No, it really won't make a difference.
So I've been thinking and would like to suggest (feel free to add your own thoughts and make changes) some measures against the above.
1: After hooking a survivor, the killer has 20 seconds to get at least 50(?) meters and cannot enter this area for the next 40 seconds, allowing other survivor to unhook the hooked survivor. If the killer kicks a generator within this 20 second interval, he gains an extra 5 seconds to get away, the cap for this would be 2 generator kicks, would be fair I think.
2: If after the hooked survivor is unhooked, the killer attacks the already hooked survivor again, either within 60 seconds or without attacking another survivor in between, the killer is penalized. This penalty can consist of decreased/nullified progression, blood points or even decreased movement speed.
Let me know your thoughts and let's hope something can be done about the hook camping and tunneling.
Comments
There have been a lot of horribly unbalanced and abusable suggestions on these forums, but I think this one deserves an award for being the worst I've seen so far. Congratulations.
They already tried to punish the killer for camping. SWF's abused it and it was immediately scrapped.
The only way ive found in my over 3k hours, would be to treat the hooking mechanic like Pyramid Head's cage, meaning if he hangs around the cage, it eventually changes locations.
Unfortunately, BHVR would have to change the lore and tbh that would break a lot for immersion's sake. Majority of this game's issues is due to the toxic asf community lol(Don't boo me, yall know i'm right)
But to be fair, there should be no such thing as a free unhook. If the killer wants to camp, they're going to camp. There needs to be more incentive not to. But because of how toxic SWF's can be with builds, tunneling and camping HAVE to be a part of the game.