Question about Epic and Steam merging

So, I have a friend that had both accounts linked, but she ended up unmerging those accounts and she noticed that she lost some pieces of skin, like some Nea hairs for example, and turns out you need to wait 60 days to merge them again. Why did that happen? And the most important question: will she get those pieces back on Steam when merging accounts again?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • So did your friend unlink both accounts?

    any progress made while the accounts were merged are bound the the BHVR account afaik. So unlinking will lead to purchases and progress gained to stay on the BHVR account while the unlinked platform account will be set to the state before the linking happened. (Except for auric cells on the platform accounts as they are directly linked to that specific platform and aren’t shared across the linked accounts).


    so I think the stuff should be back once your friend relinks their accounts. Though if this won’t be the case I would suggest to contact support.

  • welcome to the club. About two months ago, I also unlinked my Steam account and lost progress in 2 years of playing, and BHVR did not help me in any way with solving the problem. I doubt they will help you. Progress after link is not returned.

  • @shitman said:

    welcome to the club. About two months ago, I also unlinked my Steam account and lost progress in 2 years of playing, and BHVR did not help me in any way with solving the problem. I doubt they will help you. Progress after link is not returned.

    So have you tried to re-link your Steam account after the 60 days wait time and didn’t get your progress back?

  • You can find all the information you need in this post:

    What platforms is Cross-Progression on? As of right now, cross-progression is between Steam, Stadia and Epic Games Store. Will I be able to transfer all my purchases to a different platform? For the most part yes, however Auric Cells and some virtual goods will not transfer due to licencing restrictions. Virtual Currency,…


  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2999555#Comment_2999555

    So have you tried to re-link your Steam account after the 60 days wait time and didn’t get your progress back?

    yep

  • Ah you edited it already, didn’t see.

    damn.. that’s frustrating.. :(

  • @Rizzo said:

    You can find all the information you need in this post:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/305-f-a-q-cross-progression

    I appreciate the post but it doesn't say anything about getting the cosmetics back if you unmerge and merge again after 60 days