Sadako suggestions
With Dredge now out, I have seen a lot of people saying that dear Sadako needs a rework and had some thoughts! I main Sadako most of the time cause I think she is the scariest killer! However, she is slightly lacklustre with the Dredge on the scene.
As they might need to be in keeping with the license here are some of my ideas!
- - After a survivor sees the VCR play on the tv close up, 30 seconds later their mobile phone rings, revealing location within a certain distance (not far, but similar distance to whispers perhaps?)
- - Spider Walk. One of the creepiest aspects of this delightful lady is the on all fours spiderwalk she does in the movie. Could this be implemented as a crouch feature? Maybe lower her base walking speed, but crawling is faster? And you have to return to standing to attack? You also project out of TV's into the spiderwalk.
Some ideas for reworking condemn.
- - Have the Tape Editing Deck add on as standard (survivors start trial with tape), this will allow an easy fix for the condemnation; however, I think it would be better to have a full workover for condemn.
- - Have the Well present in the level somewhere. Perhaps this could 'leak' condemnation to the area? Maybe as part of the basement? Inflicts condemn on survivors in the basement?
- - An add on similar to ring drawing but for gens? Survivors share condemnation when they work on a generator together?
Just some thoughts, I know these aren't perfect but just wanted to post some starting points for ideas!
Comments
Why so difficult and with no obvious value? Couple of pretty easy buffs will help her a lot:
It’ll be interesting to see what the devs do on her presumably upcoming balance pass (they typically do a pass on new characters a few patches after release so she’s probably due for one next midchapter is my guess.) I think she’s on par with Wraith right now so she’s ok it that sense but I wouldn’t complain if she got a buff or two. 🤷♂️
I played her a bunch, and have been thinking of some ideas to fix her and make her stand out amongst other killers like her. Like everyone's been saying, they need to fix some major things that are just wrong with her:
And then for other adjustments she might benefit from:
Love the pallet idea! That's great!
Yeah the condemned is way too easy to remove so making it a slow build throughout the game would work easily.
@dugman made a good point about the crawl speed out of the TV and looking around. If the spiderwalk was implemented, it could continue the tv walk. Perhaps they could make her more like Dredge where she can teleport to TVs and look out of the screen before crawling out. Therefore not needing to commit to turning a TV off.