Any tips for the Escape Artist challenge?

Been trying to complete ot for a little over a week now. Still stuck with 1/4. I've thought about bringing a key and Bill's hatch perk but last time I brought a key to the game I was hard tunneled out of the game.

Comments

  • Is the challenge just to escape?

  • @amazing_grace said:

    Is the challenge just to escape?

    Yes.

  • Here are some options:

    1: Find a swf to play with to get the challenge

    2: Bring perks to play efficiently (prove thyself, meta perks, other perks that help awareness)

    3: You can try to do the selfish play and run clairvoyance (better version of left behind)


    Although this challenge can be annoying, it shouldn't be that impossible to get. Sometimes you have to play a little selfishly to guarantee the escape, but you also have to make sure to save your teammates and make good macro game decisions. If you are stuck at low mmr and get bad teammates, then all you have is either find a swf to play with or hope to get lucky.

  • @shelobster said:

    Been trying to complete ot for a little over a week now. Still stuck with 1/4. I've thought about bringing a key and Bill's hatch perk but last time I brought a key to the game I was hard tunneled out of the game.

    Bring offering that make hatch spawn in shack or main building and bill's perk also is good help. Key is risky as some killers might tunnel you but you should try it again.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328103/any-tips-for-the-escape-artist-challenge

    Bring offering that make hatch spawn in shack or main building and bill's perk also is good help. Key is risky as some killers might tunnel you but you should try it again.

    I tried to bring the offering but the killer closed it immediately since they knew where it was.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    Here are some options:

    1: Find a swf to play with to get the challenge

    2: Bring perks to play efficiently (prove thyself, meta perks, other perks that help awareness)

    3: You can try to do the selfish play and run clairvoyance (better version of left behind)

    Although this challenge can be annoying, it shouldn't be that impossible to get. Sometimes you have to play a little selfishly to guarantee the escape, but you also have to make sure to save your teammates and make good macro game decisions. If you are stuck at low mmr and get bad teammates, then all you have is either find a swf to play with or hope to get lucky.

    I've tried all of rhe above except swf because all of my friends quit DBD a long time ago.

  • @shelobster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998125#Comment_2998125

    I've tried all of rhe above except swf because all of my friends quit DBD a long time ago.

    you dont need a swf, I only play solo, I don't know your playstyle but if you have to play selfish do so, dont go for end game hook saves etc.... leave if you must if someone on hook. Run adrenaline/wake up/spine chill

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998136#Comment_2998136

    you dont need a swf, I only play solo, I don't know your playstyle but if you have to play selfish do so, dont go for end game hook saves etc.... leave if you must if someone on hook. Run adrenaline/wake up/spine chill

    Adrenaline and wake up used to be part of my main build. I never even make it to the end game and if I do I'm on the hook and get left there.

  • @shelobster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998125#Comment_2998125

    I've tried all of rhe above except swf because all of my friends quit DBD a long time ago.

    You can try looking for a group on the DbD discord. There's plenty of people there and even though this community is rough, I'm sure there's people you could get to play a couple games to help you. Even if you guys aren't a pro squad, having others on comms and knowing you just need to escape, it should be easier.

    Your other option is trying to find a key from a chest and bringing a hatch offering. This is highly unlikely though and you can't guarantee it.

    To me personally, this challenge isn't difficult to complete. Sometimes hard if you get a bad string of games, but it isn't a challenge that should feel impossible to do.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998136#Comment_2998136

    You can try looking for a group on the DbD discord. There's plenty of people there and even though this community is rough, I'm sure there's people you could get to play a couple games to help you. Even if you guys aren't a pro squad, having others on comms and knowing you just need to escape, it should be easier.

    Your other option is trying to find a key from a chest and bringing a hatch offering. This is highly unlikely though and you can't guarantee it.

    To me personally, this challenge isn't difficult to complete. Sometimes hard if you get a bad string of games, but it isn't a challenge that should feel impossible to do.

    Well it's been feeling pretty damn impossible. I don't normally escape almost ever either but it's like after I equipped this challenge i dont even get the 1 escape a day I usually manage.

  • Try to avoid chases.

    Bring Kindred to see who is going for the unhook and if it's safe to stay on the gen.

    Replace the key with Med-kit for the late game, use it when you really need it.

    When you are on death hook, stay hidden as much as you can.

    Watch videos that shows the hatch spawn locations.

  • @shelobster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998147#Comment_2998147

    Well it's been feeling pretty damn impossible. I don't normally escape almost ever either but it's like after I equipped this challenge i dont even get the 1 escape a day I usually manage.

    Out of curiosity, how many hours do you have in the game and what perks do you usually run?

  • @amazing_grace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998155#Comment_2998155

    Out of curiosity, how many hours do you have in the game and what perks do you usually run?

    1.1k hours out of which most id solo q. I usually run Adrenaline, Wake up, BT and IW but I switch things up on a regular basis.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't recall. Is this just to escape through hatch or a hatch that has been closed?

    If it's just hatch keep doing what you are doing. Also what I've done in the past if you have a game where the gates have been opened. Hide somewhere until everyone leaves and look for hatch that way. The only risk with this method, which has caught me out is that as we all know a lot of survivors won't leave until the last possible second.

    If you need to reopen the hatch. Look for hatch and hide really close to it. Most of the time a killer will close and head to exit gates giving you time to reopen and escape.

    The challenge is to escape 4 times. I don't think I've gotten hatch once this year lol. Glad that's not the challenge.

  • @Anniehere said:

    Try to avoid chases.

    Bring Kindred to see who is going for the unhook and if it's safe to stay on the gen.

    Replace the key with Med-kit for the late game, use it when you really need it.

    When you are on death hook, stay hidden as much as you can.

    Watch videos that shows the hatch spawn locations.

    I'd rather not bring Kindred because I only seem to go against Pyramid head if I do.

  • @shelobster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998163#Comment_2998163

    1.1k hours out of which most id solo q. I usually run Adrenaline, Wake up, BT and IW but I switch things up on a regular basis.

    Hmmmm, strange. With that many hours I would think you would have competent enough teammates that you would escape more often then you do. I would say my games generally are pretty 50/50 in my escape or death, maybe a little more death because I enjoy playing altruistically (could have escaped if I wanted to). What's usually the downfall in your games?

  • @amazing_grace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998179#Comment_2998179

    Hmmmm, strange. With that many hours I would think you would have competent enough teammates that you would escape more often then you do. I would say my games generally are pretty 50/50 in my escape or death, maybe a little more death because I enjoy playing altruistically (could have escaped if I wanted to). What's usually the downfall in your games?

    Either the killer is so good that we never had a chance or no-one does gens, hook rescues or knows how to run the killer for more than 20 seconds.

  • @shelobster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998187#Comment_2998187

    Either the killer is so good that we never had a chance or no-one does gens, hook rescues or knows how to run the killer for more than 20 seconds.

    Hmmm, seems like you are just in an mmr hell of not ever getting good enough teammates to raise your mmr. I would really recommend finding a SWF to just trying and raise your mmr a bit so that you can get decent enough soloq. Even finding one other person to play with who has decent skill could help your success in escaping.

    Btw, I have almost 1400 hrs in the game so in theory we should get similar matches. That's why I was wondering your playtime. It seems like you are either stuck in getting bad matches because of the mmr rut or it could be your region/time you are queueing. Most likely just mmr things.