Squid Game does not belong in DBD even remotely. It's not even tangentially a horror property, it is a show that serves as social commentary on how wealth inequality and debt are fundamentally damaging society in general and South Korea in the specific.
With the advent of Attack on Titan skins this could lead to other franchises getting represented without the commitment of a full-blown chapter.
While Squid Game wasn't a very direct horror, it had graphic moments. The theme of "live or die against the odds" in a psychological way fits dbd imo. Saw does that already but more for grotesque horror.
With the advent of Attack on Titan skins this could lead to other franchises getting represented without the commitment of a full-blown chapter.
While Squid Game wasn't a very direct horror, it had graphic moments. The theme of "live or die against the odds" in a psychological way fits dbd imo. Saw does that already but more for grotesque horror.
I prefer squid game over most of saw. but yeah id totally want jonah in one of the squid game suits
Would be interesting, I see Gi-hun, Hwang Jun-ho, or Sae-Byeok being the survivor, the killer would either be Cho Sang Woo, The Front Man/Hwang In-ho or Deok Su.
But until the Stranger things license comes back to DBD I don’t see this chapter happening.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Squid Game does not belong in DBD even remotely. It's not even tangentially a horror property, it is a show that serves as social commentary on how wealth inequality and debt are fundamentally damaging society in general and South Korea in the specific.
TBH, I should have watched the show before I voted. Judging by these comments, I have a very bad opinion.
As skins sure. other than that I don't think so.
And maybe a map. but I don't know about killer or survivor
With the advent of Attack on Titan skins this could lead to other franchises getting represented without the commitment of a full-blown chapter.
While Squid Game wasn't a very direct horror, it had graphic moments. The theme of "live or die against the odds" in a psychological way fits dbd imo. Saw does that already but more for grotesque horror.
I prefer squid game over most of saw. but yeah id totally want jonah in one of the squid game suits
I'd love a squid killer, idk tho never seen the show so I'm not sure.
Would be interesting, I see Gi-hun, Hwang Jun-ho, or Sae-Byeok being the survivor, the killer would either be Cho Sang Woo, The Front Man/Hwang In-ho or Deok Su.
But until the Stranger things license comes back to DBD I don’t see this chapter happening.
You are the only person on this planet I think I've ever heard say they don't like Squid Game.
If we got Squid Game Legendary skins or a Squid Game paragraph, I wouldn't complain...but I sure wish it were something else.