Please give "Make your Choice" a visual indicator

Hello everyone,

this here is just a short request. I really like "Make your Choice" in concept: it is a sort of anti-tunneling perk that rewards the killer to leave the hook and roam far away, without potentially shooting yourself in the foot. But what really irks me is that you get no visual indicator when it triggers.

Yes, you hear some survivor scream, but when you are mid-chase, a gen pops, you break a pallet or something else, then the scream can be easily lost mid-action. Why can't we have a little exposed symbol next to the survivor who did the unhooking? Its hard enough to actually close the gap and find them from 40m away, but thats still better then totally miss the opportunity your perk gave you, by missing the scream ... or just failing to identify the survivor, because you just didn't know them well enough.

Every time I run Make your Choice I bump into this issue and phase it out again, soon enough, because I just can`t find enough value in it, which is sad.

Comments

  • It's definitely a mixed bag when it comes to perks like Make Your Choice or perks that grant Oblivious, as you don't always get value out of them simply by virtue of not knowing who's affected by them.

  • Did you know Make your Choice actually has a slight visual indicator?

    The survivor who unhooks is supposed to have blood dripping/bleeding FX around their wrists for a few seconds. It'd be really cool of the effect lasted for the whole minute.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Did you know Make your Choice actually has a slight visual indicator?

    The survivor who unhooks is supposed to have blood dripping/bleeding FX around their wrists for a few seconds. It'd be really cool of the effect lasted for the whole minute.

    For real? I didn't know that! Thats pretty cool. But still, I would love to have some indicator in the portrait, so I know for sure whom I have to look out for. Most of the time the survivors totally disappear for the minute and immerse themselves, which has its own merrit, but a down would be sweeter.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2993803#Comment_2993803

    For real? I didn't know that! Thats pretty cool. But still, I would love to have some indicator in the portrait, so I know for sure whom I have to look out for. Most of the time the survivors totally disappear for the minute and immerse themselves, which has its own merrit, but a down would be sweeter.

    Yeah it's especially annoying when there's multiple of the same survivor

    Which typically there is if it's a feng or a claudette or something

  • Gotta know your screams.

  • If you pair it with the perk that shows you survivor auras when a survivor is unhooked unless they did a group unhook you'll be able to see where that survivor ran off to.