Loading into Garden of Joy as killer may as well just skip to the "Entity Displeased" screen.
Honestly, why do the people who design maps keep unlearning lessons from the past?
Huge map rebalances from years ago which made strong buildings' windows conditional, ie, if strong window 1 is open on the Wretched Shop, strong window 2 is blocked.
Garden of Joy: All windows are obscenely strong and unblocked at all times.
Maps reworked for fair "pallet density," nonsense about "loop money."
Garden of Joy: Pallets spawn at every possible location. Every other pallet is a god pallet. Most pallets outside of jungle gyms have long loops on either side, making them completely impossible to mind game.
Maps like the swamp and rotten fields reduced in size because they were ridiculous and hugely survivor favoured.
Garden of Joy: Bigger than all the swamp maps and rotten fields.
Map brightness increased across the board over the years.
Garden of Joy: A whole building where you literally cannot see the survivor directly in front of you mid-chase.
This map has been the worst map addition I've experienced in a long time. I'm at the point where I think I'm just going to tank the DC penalty, because 5-10 mins more waiting for a match is more enjoyable that 10 minutes stuck on this awful map.
Comments
Can't say I have had the same experience. It's miles better than Eyrie of Crows in my opinion. A lot of the pallets are mindgameable in my opinion, a few even completely unsafe.
I guess the map is a bit too big though. Can't comment on the house too much, just that I haven't had too much issues with it either yet.
Most of the loops are anti ranged as well being over throw height for even trickster. It is one of the safer maps in the game and seem to counter every killer.
There is a literal infinite in the dining room. Unless the survivor makes a mistake, going through the window takes so much time around corners that chase breaks, you can't get bloodlust, and the window doesn't block. If you don't go through the window, the loop is so long chase breaks anyway. And it opens to a jungle gym.
No no no, it's 'The Entity Hungers...' screen now