Taking One For The Team

I have only four achievements left in this game. Three of them are the new ones that just came out with the dredge, and the other one is taking one for the team. I have 172/250 progress on it. Any tips for optimizing protection hits per match? I have 1200 hours in this game and this has been the most annoying by far as I basically have to play super unsafe all match.

Comments

  • I got it by BT hookrushing. You become that survivor, but it gets the achievement done. 3 a match if you get hooked three times.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I have only four achievements left in this game. Three of them are the new ones that just came out with the dredge, and the other one is taking one for the team. I have 172/250 progress on it. Any tips for optimizing protection hits per match? I have 1200 hours in this game and this has been the most annoying by far as I basically have to play super unsafe all match.

    Run MoM, BT, Breakout Unbreakabill,

    Bring a sabo toolbox,

    make the killer wanna tunnel you while you continue to save your teammates =D,

    Tis how i did it,

  • Take hits blocking after unhooks or whenever killer is carrying someone. At exit if killer comes to hit people out take hits after your teammates are hurt - if they're healthy it won't be a protection hit. Run perks that encourage you to take more hits. Accept if you want to get this challenge done quickly you have to be ok with dying way more often than you escape.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I have only four achievements left in this game. Three of them are the new ones that just came out with the dredge, and the other one is taking one for the team. I have 172/250 progress on it. Any tips for optimizing protection hits per match? I have 1200 hours in this game and this has been the most annoying by far as I basically have to play super unsafe all match.

    BT Hookrushing, it's already been said but it's worth emphasizing. Put yourself in position for the save as they're going up so the moment the killer turns their back they hear the hook sound. They turn around and you screen for the unhooked and you're going to get one hit everytime (And most likely tunneled).

    But it will get done, that's what I'm doing.

  • Waiting in the exit gates when the killer is pushing everyone out is a good way to get some quick protection hits as well

  • It's one of those achievements that you'll get eventually no matter what, but if you want to speed up your progress, hook trading will work. Unhook (with BT to be safe) and bodyblock so that you take the hit. It has to be a protection hit for a recently unhooked survivor, so just getting normal protection hits doesn't count.