Inner Focus and Open Handed question

Does the increased aura range from Open Handed work on Haddie's perk Inner Focus?

Comments

  • That's a good question. I'm not sure because I haven't tested it, but I would like to think that it wouldn't work on Inner Focus. Open Handed affects aura reading, so the scratch marks shouldn't get extended because they're not auras. The actual aura of the killer that gets revealed is triggered by a survivor getting hit within 32 meters of you, so I don't think open handed would extend this because the survivor getting hit within a certain distance is the condition to see the aura.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    That's a good question. I'm not sure because I haven't tested it, but I would like to think that it wouldn't work on Inner Focus. Open Handed affects aura reading, so the scratch marks shouldn't get extended because they're not auras. The actual aura of the killer that gets revealed is triggered by a survivor getting hit within 32 meters of you, so I don't think open handed would extend this because the survivor getting hit within a certain distance is the condition to see the aura.

    With the little bit of time I spent with open handed I'm 90% sure that 32 would get increased to 48, but like...why would you want to see the killer that's already 32 meters, let alone 48 meters, away

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990811#Comment_2990811

    With the little bit of time I spent with open handed I'm 90% sure that 32 would get increased to 48, but like...why would you want to see the killer that's already 32 meters, let alone 48 meters, away

    To watch a knock out nurse come blinking towards you as you start to run away in fear but end up going down anyway even with this mediocre perk.

    In all seriousness, I agree that even if this perk synergizes with open handed, it's probably not much more useful information. I guess it would make the perk better if you consider bigger number better? I'm still not so sure that it works with the perk just because of the wording, but hopefully someone tests it.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990820#Comment_2990820

    To watch a knock out nurse come blinking towards you as you start to run away in fear but end up going down anyway even with this mediocre perk.

    In all seriousness, I agree that even if this perk synergizes with open handed, it's probably not much more useful information. I guess it would make the perk better if you consider bigger number better? I'm still not so sure that it works with the perk just because of the wording, but hopefully someone tests it.

    I would personally want tier 3 to be 16 meters, so I actually have a chance of knowing where the killer is, but maybe that's just me

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990811#Comment_2990811

    With the little bit of time I spent with open handed I'm 90% sure that 32 would get increased to 48, but like...why would you want to see the killer that's already 32 meters, let alone 48 meters, away

    Why not? Its not super useful but info is info, you may want to go for a bodyblock or a flashlight save in case the guy gets downed.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990820#Comment_2990820

    Why not? Its not super useful but info is info, you may want to go for a bodyblock or a flashlight save in case the guy gets downed.

    I mean, can you make 48 meters by the time the killer picks up the survivor and puts him on a hook?

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990863#Comment_2990863

    I mean, can you make 48 meters by the time the killer picks up the survivor and puts him on a hook?

    It activates on injure hits too, not only on downed people. I mean someone get hit, you see the Killer at 48 meters (outside of Terror Radius) "oh crap that guy is in trouble" when you are closer he gets downed now you may have a window for a flashlight save.

    I mean the perk is atrocious and the combo overall bad but having more range with Open Handed is an overall benefit.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990846#Comment_2990846

    I would personally want tier 3 to be 16 meters, so I actually have a chance of knowing where the killer is, but maybe that's just me

    I think the numbers are fine. I'd rather get more info and it triggering more often than have it trigger when the killer is only super close. I've gotten a little value out of it so far when I needed to decide to greed the gen or leave.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990851#Comment_2990851

    I think the numbers are fine. I'd rather get more info and it triggering more often than have it trigger when the killer is only super close. I've gotten a little value out of it so far when I needed to decide to greed the gen or leave.

    I guess I'm just thinking there's better aura reading out there personally

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2990869#Comment_2990869

    It activates on injure hits too, not only on downed people.

    I guess if you want to flashlight it, you might be able to make it, then you run the risk of your teammate not seeing you and running towards you with killer beside you, lol

    I think empathy would personally be better, and you can see them on injured or downed state 24/7