Anyone else experiencing with the Artist?
ok 2 issues I am having witht he Artist. Issue 1 I stand still and point crows at a generator each and send them out then they drift up and eight or left instead of straight at the generator. Issue 2 if I hit a survivor in vault with a dire crow in range it still only marks them instead of damaging them. Example on the game map that long loop over the showers I set the crow uo on the side of the pallet flanking the vaulting survivor and continue to chase the survivor around hte loop. She vaults I launch the crow which is very close to the vault and marked. Example 2 I was chasing a bill around a pair of T window tiles with a window I set up the crow pointing at the window on the croww wall of the T and he vaults I launch and he gets marked.
Comments
Issue 1:
While it may appear you are lined up perfectly with a distant Gen, even a small variable will increase as distance is travelled.
Think about cutting a piece of paper. If you make even a small error, it will cause the whole cut to be off-kilter.
Issue 2: The distance to damage with the crow is quite short. It is indicated by the trail when you place the crow.
However, if it hits any object before a survivor, it will turn into a "mark" crow. If it even goes through a small object, it will turn into a mark crow.
1st issue - Sometimes map terrain will offset your birds pathing, usually on swamp map. They shouldn't drift that drastically on same elevation, but they fire on the trajectory where you placed them while moving, so they may look a bit off point when fired, but the hitbox is very generous so it shouldn't matter too much.
2nd issue - There's a slight delay when firing, if they're around 8m's or so before you press it, occasionally it will swarm instead, again with placement it has to be spot on, you might clip the edge of a doorway, Window or wall while aiming at a window or vault location ect. Better to fire it midway through vault animation or to the sides of a pallet, not directly over a dropped pallet.
Issue 2 it is definitely in the damage range, in example 2 it's literally the other side of a wall well within the damage range.