How are people like these not banned?

I keep seeing players with bad names about events in Ukraine. It's pretty much the same as Na*iesRule or LongLiveH*tler etc. People with names like these should be banned.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I don't think BHVR bans people for political names (I could be wrong though but I've seen plenty of political names in games).

    Short of things like Racial Slurs or whatnot, I'm not sure BHVR hammers anything for names as I've seen some pretty damn Rated R names that have been left alone

  • I know on steam you can go to their profiles and report them when you see bad names. For consoles I'm not sure how it works. I don't know if DBD has a report option for bad names (I've never checked) and if not I would assume because that is dealing with the platform the player is on and not something made or changed within the game itself.

  • Offensive names are handled on Steams end, p sure a mod on here has said this before when someone asked about this a while ago

    If you report people's steam profile, if action is taken steam will just remove their name and replace it with their profile ID and they'll be unable to change it for however long their 'ban' is.

    BHVR only really acts on stuff said in the EGC or stuff that breaks their rules in the matches themselves - I don't think stuff done outside of the game/their official channels is something they take action over

  • As others stated, usernames that would break a platform's TOS would need to be reported to the platform they are on (Steam, PSN, Microsoft, Twitch, etc).

    I definitely understand that it is very difficult to report names on a cross platform basis, but unfortunately Support does not handle reports regarding a player's username, and is not able at this time to direct said reports to that player's platform. What is reportable to BHVR for in-game rule violations, and how to report them, are listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules