I hope Nightfall got changed before it will come to live servers

On PTB it was only good for teleport and maybe no TR on some indoor map. That's it. You could even say it was easier for Survivors to see everyone else because you could see bright Survivors and the Killer.

What I would wish for is if the Survivors couldn't see pass 16 meters or something (Like a big dark cloud that is around 16m on everyone). That would be spooky (since Killer would have much easier time to walk to a survivor) and also it would make visibility very limited.

Comments

  • It's a real cop out that it doesn't make them a lot more blind. The power should be renamed to darkness and not nightfall.

  • It was bugged during the PTB

  • Confirmed it was bugged on the PTB and that the game was completely ignoring the visibility parameters while making Dredge and other survivors far too bright. Dredge should only be that visible when in a chase or when within M1'ing distance, as per one of the developers, and while Nightfall won't restrict visibility by less than 12m for the sake of not making a(nother) purposefully frustrating mechanic it'll still be much harder to see when it's actually fixed.

  • Can we balance it though? We wouldn't want survivors to not be able to see 2 feet in front of them would we?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Can we balance it though? We wouldn't want survivors to not be able to see 2 feet in front of them would we?

    Mm...I'm a bit worried about this being one of those 'stomps newbies flat and barely effects high MMR' mechanics. It's a cool idea, but I can only imagine this one on RPD or Midwich from the survivor's POV.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    On PTB it was only good for teleport and maybe no TR on some indoor map. That's it. You could even say it was easier for Survivors to see everyone else because you could see bright Survivors and the Killer.

    What I would wish for is if the Survivors couldn't see pass 16 meters or something (Like a big dark cloud that is around 16m on everyone). That would be spooky (since Killer would have much easier time to walk to a survivor) and also it would make visibility very limited.

    you're way too late to the party. it was already confirmed bugged ages ago

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982578#Comment_2982578

    Mm...I'm a bit worried about this being one of those 'stomps newbies flat and barely effects high MMR' mechanics. It's a cool idea, but I can only imagine this one on RPD or Midwich from the survivor's POV.

    Idk making things dark for the survivors could really mess up a lot of high mmr players. I can imagine just constantly running into objects because you can't see

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982584#Comment_2982584

    Idk making things dark for the survivors could really mess up a lot of high mmr players. I can imagine just constantly running into objects because you can't see

    We'll see. I know that for me, I have a pretty good feel for most maps that aren't RPD or the new Haddonfield buildings and I'm a terrible survivor. I don't think the darkness is going to mess me up all that much. Midwich...that map is already way too dark in places.