my ghostface addon buff ideas (3 addons max)
Hello, you might have seen my idea posting under dbd tweets. I'm posting here for more clarity (and a bigger word count) and for more opinions/feedback, and also hopefully the devs can consider them as well.
Personally, I find all of his addons better now than they were before, with the exception of 3 of them, which are "Chewed Pen", "Lasting Perfume", and also "Marked Map".
(to clarify more, I still think his other addons can still be buffed/combined, but this post focuses on what I think are his weakest addons.)
Chewed Pen/Lasting Perfume
- The inspiration for this buff idea (more on that in a bit) came from how they buffed/fixed(?) 2 of legions addons from the 5.7.0 PTB to Live. these addons are "Frank's mixtape", and "Julie's mixtape". in the PTB, franks mixtape had the effect of damaging generators 20% faster while in feral frenzy, while julies mixtape had the effect of breaking breakable walls 30% faster while in feral frenzy. since the PTB, they buffed these 2 addons so they are now combined instead into one addon (while getting 2 more new addons as well)
- this made me wonder why they did not do the same with ghostface's addons "chewed pen" and "lasting perfume", considering both addons have similar conditions to use and are both weaker (separate or combined) than legions new buffed addon (in comparison to value)
- i feel like they gave legion way more love in this patch than they did with ghostface, but that's not the focus for this post right now
for context, the "chewed pen" addon will make survivors dying/down on the ground take 3 seconds total to fully reveal ghostface, while the "lasting perfume" will make survivors on the hook take 3 seconds total to fully reveal ghostface.
- I believe that using these addons for their intended purpose is very situational to use because you must be in your night shroud power while being close to a downed/hooked survivor for these to work, not to mention you need to occupy both addon slots for this very minimal help. there is little reason to use your power in these situations because most, if not all ghostface players will already know they can be revealed around downed/hooked survivors, and would likely already be searching for another survivor somewhere else/defend generators (and generally just win the match).
- my idea to make these addons viable/better is, similarly to how they buffed legions addons (frank/julies mixtape), both "chewed pen" and "lasting perfume" should be combined into one single addon. the effect the addon would have is that any survivors that are downed/on hook cannot reveal ghostface. this would make it easier to roam the map more safely/stealthy if a downed/hooked survivor happens to be close. you could argue that this would make hook camping with ghostface easier, but that would mean he isn't going around searching for survivors or defending generators, so he is going to lose faster if he does.
important note: this would mean ghostface has 1 less addon in total. I'm not sure what addon can be added to fill the gap, but I think the devs should add a new addon for ghostface in this instance (like legions addon situation 🙂)
Marked Map
- This is the 3rd addon I feel that is also one of the weaker ones of his addons that don't have much benefit.
- it use to be the drivers license addon but thankfully it is going to be reworked to something better/useful. also I somehow didn't consider marked map before 🤐.
- This one is relatively simple. whenever you are revealed, killer instinct is active for an extra 2 seconds, bringing it up to 4 seconds of killer instinct.
- I feel that this isn't too helpful because chances are, you got revealed while roaming around, or by one survivor while trying to mark a different survivor. killer instinct does help some, but 4 seconds of it is not necessary when you can figure out their general position in the 2 seconds it gives you by default.
- I have 2 possible ideas to make this addon better (I personally think the 2nd idea is more fun/better 🙂)
- My 1st idea to make this better is that instead of killer instinct, the survivor that revealed you has their aura revealed for 2 seconds instead. this will give you a better idea on what they are doing, where they are going/facing, and a brief moment on anti looping if possible.
- the 2nd idea I also had for this addon is, when stalking (holding down the power button), survivors within a 16 meter radius will have their aura revealed at the cost of their stalk meter going down (that way it can be easier to find players who have a lot of stalk built up). this also works on survivors that are marked, at the cost of their mark time going down faster.
- I don't know the specific details on how fast it would drain the stalk meter to use (for balance purposes), but this addon rework would help a lot for chasing survivors in a loop.
Alright, that about sums up my ideas on how to make these 3 addons better for ghostface (who I think is still generally a weaker killer so he needs these). please let me know of any comments/feedback you have on anything and ill be glad to discuss. I hope the devs consider these ideas as well 🙂
edit: fixed some grammar errors/more clarification
Comments
I completely agree with both of these core ideas, really like the idea of the aura reveal instead of killer instinct in particular! I had the same idea of the combining of add-ons and mentioned it a few weeks ago in a similar plea for ghost face add-on buffs. I also was inspired by the fact that legion's add-ons seemed to get much more love 😥. I made a post with a bunch of add-ons that I think could be buffed you may enjoy! You mentioned a few add-ons, but honestly, I think many more than just 3 should be improved. Here's hoping to us ghosty mains getting more improved add-ons.
to be honest, I actually do want more addon buffs, and had the idea to combine/buff more. I'm not sure if the devs would actually change/buff so many addons, so I decided to at least focus on his weakest addons.
to start, I like/had the idea of combining the addons that give oblivious or expose when you are revealed/marked, rather than have them separate. for example: you could go for a complete oblivious kind of build with a single combined oblivious addon and another addon for help, so no matter what, a survivor will be oblivious.
the cinch strap buff sounds nice, but wouldn't they still be able to reveal him while he breaks the pallet or something?
i kind of already covered the lasting perfume/chewed pen idea in my post so ima skip this one :v
headline cutouts buff is nice. I think it should be roughly 30% longer because that would put the time to reveal ghostface at a solid 2 seconds (the actual number/percentage is .3 going forever so its a rough estimate)
another nice marked map buff idea. tbh there's a lot of nice ideas marked map can be, given its description/theme.
Leather Knife Sheath / Knife Belt Clip combination is also nice, but I think its slightly too strong. maybe remove the 200% recovery part and its more fair and still better.
drivers license is already getting buffed to something really nice so this ones kinda outdated now
as for the new possible addon ideas, I like these the most/wanna talk about them:
as for the other ideas, I think they were either a little too strong or didn't make sense thematically to be justified.
a power changing kinda addon would be nice/fun, but I don't have an idea for one oof
it would be really cool/nice for some of his addons to revolve around the obsession, would make nice synergy combos with play with your food or save the best for last.
being unable to escape when you are marked and get down at the gate is nice, but I'm not sure how it makes sense thematically for base kit. for pinhead, the chains hold them back, and for the twins, victor holds them down. maybe this can be an addon idea. (throwing out this random idea I just had, it could maybe be a addon that is a victims car keys or something)
being able to recover a part of your night shroud when downing a marked survivor is a buff I hear that is asked a lot (including me), it just makes sense. using your power badly or good shouldn't have the same recover time. you should be rewarded a bit for using it correctly.
that's all the thoughts I had on your post, a lot of nice ideas overall. 🙂