Resurgence should counter Sloppy Butcher
Resurgence that can at most activate two times per game, but its benefit can be easily countered by Sloppy Butcher or the Broken Status Effect.
This makes the perk worthless when compared to similar self-healing perks like Self-Care or Inner Strength.
Inorder to make this perk have a unqiue role among the healing perks, making it so that it removes the effect of mangled, hemorrhage, and broken would give it a strength that makes worth to bring.
In its current state, it activates far too little for a rather mediocre benefit.
Comments
That would be a nice buff actually. I really dig the idea
They make it so when unhooked, Resurgence clears you of any healing related status effects. They could also make it so this only happens if you are unhooked by somebody else to prevent people being able to abuse this with Deliverance
Giving it a passive immunity to mangled and hemorrhaged I think would be a great way to give it some unique power & personality.
I dont think immunity to / the ability to remove the broken effect can work since the status effect is a crucial part of the "fully" infected part of plague's power, and it's used to counterbalance the benefit of a few perks. But strong support for the first two!
I agree, Resurgence should have an added effect to counter Hemorrhage, but I disagree with a blanket immunity to Hemorrhage. Instead, I'd make it so that Resurgence has a secondary effect, where if a survivor using Resurgence has healing progress less than or equal to 50% of a heal, the healing progress cannot regress any further. Now Resurgence has a niche use outside of just getting a quick heal after getting unhooked, without completely invalidating Hemorrhage against Resurgence users.
As a Killer Main with some 1000 hours in Survivor, I actually have no problem with that buff, considering Sloppy is quite strong now.
A minor buff, to allow to keeps it half healing status is fine to me. Especially when you just got off the hook; I will still keep the Mangled Status Effect for slower healing; but if prevents Hemorrhage from regression the progress. Sure why not
1 - Sloppy Butcher should be removed once hooked anyhow. If you want Survivors to be mangled off hook, you're going to need to bring Gift Of Pain. I think it's only reasonable. As it stands, having forever-Mangle on an M1 is a bit stupefying.
2 - This is a very misguided mind set in my eyes.
Franklin's Demise destroys Streetwise - Streetwise should make it so your item never drops to Franklin's!
Fearmonger is too good against Sprint Burst - Sprint Burst users should ignore Fearmonger!
Pharmacy is useless when the killer hits you with Forced Penance - opening a chest with Pharmacy should cleanse the Broken status!
Hex totems are too vulnerable to information perks - Detective's Hunch, Counterforce, and Clairvoyance shouldn't reveal hex totems!
Iron Maiden can ruin an Inner Healing/Head On play - Head On/Inner Healing should remove the exposure status!
Hoarder makes Appraisal, Ace In The Hole, and Plunderer's unfun - Appraisal should conceal the player from Hoarder!
Nurse's Calling can find players even if they have Bite The Bullet - Bite The Bullet should conceal the player's aura too!
Boons can easily be snuffed by the killer with the new perk - boon totems should be harder to find for the killer to compensate!
Hemorrhage is designed to counter perks like Resurgence.
Asking for a perk to have a special favoritism to remove their counter is the antithesis of balance or sensibility.
I'm hoping hemorrhage is reworked. It's far too penalizing as it stands. We know why it was buffed, but with so many new killers with range powers (be it teleport or other), such as Dredge, Artist, Sadako, etc. - the penalization is hitting well beyond what I think was intended.
If Hemorrhage doesn't affect syringes or Renewal, it makes no sense it affects Resurgance, IMO.
As for the subject of this post, Resurgance is literally useless right now with new hemorrhage. Even pre-hemorrhage, it was not an oft used perk, so now it's basically garbage. My hope is it will be included in the major rework.
Since hemorrhage was tweaked, I've become a boon user. I carried COH maybe 10% of the time previously, opting instead for med kits. It's funny that this new tweak was made and it's only reenforcing the current meta of boons lol. Anyway, yea, please address this so I can stop being a slimy boon bringer. :)