Contests/Giveaways open only to 5 countries
Is anyone else fed up with BHVR holding contests and giveaways that are limited to the same 5 countries? I've seen other contests (other companies), and they are open to many countries. So the problem is not with the individual countries, the problem is with BHVR (or potentially Canada).
DBD has players and fans from all over the world, and you shutting away the majority of us by rewarding only a select part of the world is such a shame.
Either do something so your contests and giveaways are open to many countries (like giveaways from other companies are), or publicly explain in detail why you can't do that (if that's the case).
Comments
Take it up with your local laws
Did you read what I wrote? Many countries are excluded (they are usually included in other companies' contests). It doesn't seem likely that all of those countries have problems. Especially since they are usually all included in other companies' giveaways. It's very obvious that the problem is in either BHVR or Canada. Square Enix for example doesn't have these issues. BHVR does.
I think they addressed this in a previous post where they said it's because it takes a lot of time to make sure they follow all the rules and regulations for other countries to run the giveaways/contests. It's probably a combination between costs and time. I can't really say much more on the topic because I don't know the size of BHVR team who would handle this vs. other companies, but it seems like they wished they were able to do more countries as well. You could maybe fault them saying they should plan better and start early enough so paperwork gets through, but again, not sure what the actual processes they have to go through are. I don't think they are doing it out of being biased considering Quebec wasn't included in the last contest.
This is something we have addressed publicly quite a few times now.
Whilst we are sorry that we're not able to open the contests up to more Countries, unfortunately we need to abide by local laws when running a contest and often these are extremely time consuming and costly. This is especially so when the winner will have something added to the game. We have production deadlines and we can't afford to spend the time getting approval from each country.
Mandy, thank you very much for letting me know about this. I've somehow missed previous explanations from BHVR on this, not sure how, so I appreciate your response.
I don't understand why getting something inside a game should require approval from a country in the first place though. Of course, this has nothing to do with you, but the country laws, I understand. I'm just wondering why, it makes no sense. The world laws should get simplified, it's ridiculous.
Thanks again though!
believe me, we'd love to make the contests open worldwide - individual country laws though are a massive issue. And it's things that most people are not aware of (I certainly wasn't) until you try to start a competition like this.