Do 2016-2017 players know when this occured?

The background being blurry when you look into the distance. It's hard to explain. There was like a distance blur that created a super cool effect that made dbd feel scary. It got removed because of visual issues, but when? When was the blurry distance a thing? Like what chapter release. I remember a video of Monto playing in the corn against a nurse and the blurry background was a thing in the video. I can't find that video anymore cause i watched it 2 years ago :(

Comments

  • probably when they were having the issues with claudettes hair being seen cross map? I dont recall exactly,

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    probably when they were having the issues with claudettes hair being seen cross map? I dont recall exactly,

    you do get what i'm talking about right?

    (Dunno if i explained it well)

  • @toxik_survivor said:

    The background being blurry when you look into the distance. It's hard to explain. There was like a distance blur that created a super cool effect that made dbd feel scary. It got removed because of visual issues, but when? When was the blurry distance a thing? Like what chapter release. I remember a video of Monto playing in the corn against a nurse and the blurry background was a thing in the video. I can't find that video anymore cause i watched it 2 years ago :(

    I believe the term you’re looking for here is called “Depth of Field”.

    A reddit post explains what this is pretty well.

    Depth of field is used to give the video game a movie-like quality, where everything appears more like they were filmed. Depth of field is used in cinematics to help train the players eye to the area/objects the storyteller wants the player to focus on.

  • @Watery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325975/do-2016-2017-players-know-when-this-occured

    I believe the term you’re looking for here is called “Depth of Field”.

    A reddit post explains what this is pretty well.

    Depth of field is used to give the video game a movie-like quality, where everything appears more like they were filmed. Depth of field is used in cinematics to help train the players eye to the area/objects the storyteller wants the player to focus on.

    Wow! thank you so much