Is anything happening to slinger in the future? (is he even being looked at?)

Before the slinger changes, he had 2 issues, those being:

  1. Overreliance on wardens keys
  2. No punishment for zoning

Now after his changes he has 3 issues, these being:

  1. Overreliance on wardens keys
  2. Incredibly easy to zone
  3. Long ADS time makes it too hard to hit shots that aren't in a locked animation (which in turn encourages even more zoning)

The only benefit the changes gave was adding a punishment for zoning, which didn't matter in the long run because his ADS movement speed got increased which helped zoning. His long ADS time makes almost every shot reactable to especially for survivors on high alert which in turn encourages even more zoning.

So yea I just wanna know if slinger is gonna be looked at again. Despite having moved to artist he's still my favourite killer and it's sad to see a patch make him objectively less healthy for the game.

So, I suggest:

  • 0.25s ADS time
  • Reduced ADS MS by 5%
  • Reduced Reload time by 0.4s
  • Nerf to wardens keys.
  • Add on pass (optional)

That's it. That's all he needs.

Comments

  • I would bet on a nerf that everyone calls a buff because it aids some niche element of him that nobody uses him for. Pretty safe wager because I am not a betting man.

  • Don't forget to reduce his terror radius.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I would bet on a nerf that everyone calls a buff because it aids some niche element of him that nobody uses him for. Pretty safe wager because I am not a betting man.

    I've seen "increase ADS sensitivity" listed countless times as a buff. It would literally do nothing. If you're ADSed for more than half a second chances are you're zoning someone and not aiming a shot.

    Aiming a shot comes before you ADS, not after.

  • I miss the times when playing Deathslinger was fun. I now find myself dreading every match I play as him and being completely reliant in RNG not giving the Survivors too many strong loops.

    I'd suggest reducing his terror radius to a healthy amount like maybe not 24m, but 28m, so even with M&A Survivors have a chance to react which was the main complaint about it. I liked the stealth gameplay of him which is what I believe made him strong in a 1vs1 basis. He has no power to help him apply pressure like other Killers so his 1vs1 needed to be strong.

    I never thought he needed a faster reload speed, but given your input it could be a nice change in the future... though I do believe the developers just gutted him for good and have no intention of making him relevant again.

  • Better leave him as he is, bhvr will always manage to make a weak killer worse, look at ghostface, man got nae naed.

    Deathslinger is not in a good spot but bhvr can always make it worse.

  • He needs a terror radius reduction holding W was already strong against him since hes a veryyy slow killer and now survivors can hear that loud 32m radius on a 4.4 killer with no mobility.


    He's still very oppressive in chase tho he can still makes alot of pallets unsafe a decent Deathslinger will hits his shots and make the chase go in his way.


    Old Deathslinger was BS with the quickscoping and really wasn't balanced/fun nor fair to go against as it didn't give survivors time to even react,Pyramid Head and Nemesis are fair anti loop killers since you can react and there is some fun counterplay dodging PH's Punishment of the Damned,ADS nerf was deserved IMO.


    Reduce his terror radius back to 24m and make him moves at 4.6m if the Redeemer hasn't been reloaded yet.

    This would help him a little in the map pressure department and gives him some mobility.

    Sometimes he can feel very clunky to play but he's still a fun killer and hitting those 16 meters shots is always so satisfying.

  • I feel he’s still very good post nerf. Terror radius is my only gripe.

  • @Ayamir said:

    He needs a terror radius reduction holding W was already strong against him since hes a veryyy slow killer and now survivors can hear that loud 32m radius on a 4.4 killer with no mobility.

    He's still very oppressive in chase tho he can still makes alot of pallets unsafe a decent Deathslinger will hits his shots and make the chase go in his way.

    Old Deathslinger was BS with the quickscoping and really wasn't balanced/fun nor fair to go against as it didn't give survivors time to even react,Pyramid Head and Nemesis are fair anti loop killers since you can react and there is some fun counterplay dodging PH's Punishment of the Damned,ADS nerf was deserved IMO.

    Reduce his terror radius back to 24m and make him moves at 4.6m if the Redeemer hasn't been reloaded yet.

    This would help him a little in the map pressure department and gives him some mobility.

    Sometimes he can feel very clunky to play but he's still a fun killer and hitting those 16 meters shots is always so satisfying.

    Congrats oppresive in chase is basically 60% of killers. I ve seen people use oni and demi as an example of oppresive in chase ffs. Yes if you use your power well you should feel opressive as killer. Slimger being good in chase was the selling point and compensated for his poor map control and mobility.

    I could go tirades about how 80% of top tier killers have no counterplay when played well but I'll spare you the details. The balancing factor for slinger was good aim. Let me tell you hitting 100% of your shots was unrealistic. The nerf was unjustified. His quick scope was a huge selling point for the character. If your gonna gut a core mechanic you better have something amazing lined up to compensate for it.

  • I think he was nerfed enough

  • We know bhvr too busy with other killer nerfs so I doubt they'll fix slinger to actually be better. Everything about the guy is slow.

  • @MrMori said:

    Deathslinger was nerfed a while back with an Aim Down Sights/Lower Sights time and a Terror Radius increase. While the ADS time was a good change, it feels a little sluggish to use his power now. The TR increase I feel took away something Slinger had that other ranged killers don't have, which is stealth.

    With a few simple changes, Deathslinger can be far more enjoyable to play, and also gain back his stealthy playstyle which I feel was a unique and fun aspect of the killer. All while still feeling fair to survivors.

    Here are the changes:

    ADS

    • Reduce ADS time to 0.3 from 0.4 seconds
    • Reduce Lower Sights time to 0.5 from 0.6 seconds
    • Reduce ADS movespeed to 80% from 85%

    These changes would make him feel far better to play without feeling different to the survivors. 0.3 seconds is also long enough for survivors to be able to react to the aiming, but also make it slightly harder for the very best survivors to juke his shot.

    TR

    • Reduced Terror Radius to 24m from 32m
    • Reworked Terror Radius addons. Are now active only when the Redeemer is not loaded. Start the match unloaded.
    • Reduced the strength of the Terror Radius addons.

    Slinger is a tall killer, and uniquely a ranged killer without a lullaby. While it may be frustrating for newer survivors to play against Stealthslinger, I don't feel like this warrants a nerf to such a unique aspect of his character.

    Some say the issue is being shot from outside his Terror Radius, which is why I proposed the rework to his TR addons to only be active when the gun is not loaded. Then there would be a "tell", a reload as he approaches, much like Wraiths bell.

    Slinger sees an average amount of play according to the january/december stats, but I doubt most of this is from high MMR games. These changes would make him more viable against better players, and more enjoyable for all players.

    Should be in the feedback section, but I agree completely. I made a post here, but this post assumed we were to bring him back to a 24m terror radius. Imo that would be fun, because he'd be the only ranged killer with a terror radius, who could take advantage of perks like Tinkerer, etc.

    The nerf to both his ADS with a lower sight, as well as Terror Radius was just too much.

    If they want to add a lullaby I'm fine with that, but please let him have a reasonable ADS. 0.25s ADS + 0.5s lower sight would be absolutely perfect. Good survivors can incredibly easily counterplay you now.