please do MMR again as before, it just got boring :/

I have over 7k hours and have been playing dbd for years, MMR came in was perfectly ok, but what has now been made of MMR is just sad almost every round at least one player with 500h sometimes even less, you can tell that they have no experience and the killers aren't the best either, it's just not fun anymore :(

"Play swf then" that's the problem when I play with 3 other players who also have experience and meet such killers, they get 1 hook and then we already have 5 gens ready, very boring...

"Play Killer then" of course I usually get this kind of Survivor, it's not fun anymore even as a Killer, I hardly play Nurse anymore because almost everyone is overwhelmed, I mean I prefer to play Trapper, Wraith and so on It's not fun because you can tell that they are inexperienced :/

The problem is, before it was at least exciting because I played solo que, but the level has dropped so much that even the killers in solo que are overwhelmed (the game only gets difficult when the killer follows me for minutes and the 3 mates don't do anything) but just artificially complicated and very boring since the change, if I wouldn't stream I would stay away for months because unfortunately it's no longer fun, so please improve it, the MMR has been changed so that the Que time is better , the players got a lot worse but the que time is still bad as before, the only thing that has really changed is: Boring games, a killer who follows me without really understanding how mindgames work or how he outplays things (most just follow you bluntly)

Question: Why is the MMR included if it's not really about "skill based"? just feels like the emblem system again, for my part I need a break it has become very boring to compete against the killers who, for example, have less than 1k hours, before the change a lot of killers had 3-4k+ hours So that means experienced killers

Comments

  • Imagine believing that any instance of SBMM was ever good. They just need to revert back to the old ranked/emblem system.

  • @scoser said:

    Imagine believing that any instance of SBMM was ever good. They just need to revert back to the old ranked/emblem system.

    Definitely not. That system was just as bad, if not worse. At least now the chances of me getting matched with ppl closer to my skill level are higher.

    With the old rank system you had to get lucky. Not to mention how GOD AWFUL and sweaty the games would always be during resets. So you'd be stuck with baby survivors but an extremely sweaty bronze killer who's trying to get back up to red rank 1.

    No. Thank. You. Hard pass. I'll take SBMM everyday of the week.

  • @DudelPuma said:

    I have over 7k hours and have been playing dbd for years, MMR came in was perfectly ok, but what has now been made of MMR is just sad almost every round at least one player with 500h sometimes even less, you can tell that they have no experience and the killers aren't the best either, it's just not fun anymore :(

    "Play swf then" that's the problem when I play with 3 other players who also have experience and meet such killers, they get 1 hook and then we already have 5 gens ready, very boring...

    "Play Killer then" of course I usually get this kind of Survivor, it's not fun anymore even as a Killer, I hardly play Nurse anymore because almost everyone is overwhelmed, I mean I prefer to play Trapper, Wraith and so on It's not fun because you can tell that they are inexperienced :/

    The problem is, before it was at least exciting because I played solo que, but the level has dropped so much that even the killers in solo que are overwhelmed (the game only gets difficult when the killer follows me for minutes and the 3 mates don't do anything) but just artificially complicated and very boring since the change, if I wouldn't stream I would stay away for months because unfortunately it's no longer fun, so please improve it, the MMR has been changed so that the Que time is better , the players got a lot worse but the que time is still bad as before, the only thing that has really changed is: Boring games, a killer who follows me without really understanding how mindgames work or how he outplays things (most just follow you bluntly)

    Question: Why is the MMR included if it's not really about "skill based"? just feels like the emblem system again, for my part I need a break it has become very boring to compete against the killers who, for example, have less than 1k hours, before the change a lot of killers had 3-4k+ hours So that means experienced killers

    I have a feeling you don't have more than 7k hours.

  • nope, the old mmr was just nurse and blights all day, at least now there is variation and I don't need to use ds and unbreakable every match

  • Emblem system was a better approximation of skill, still allowed variety, and didn't consistently group me with baby survivors that have no clue what they're doing. Scrap the garbage escape-based matching.

  • I swear, DbD is the only game that posters unironically say people who have played for 500 hours "have no experience".

  • @dugman said:

    I swear, DbD is the only game that posters unironically say people who have played for 500 hours "have no experience".

    I have a friend who has over 1k hours by now and he is still not very experienced - he even says that himself.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975572#Comment_2975572

    That's because DBD is def a different game...

    Ok you can have 500 hours experience. Let's for the sake of it say it's all survivor...I'd venture a small fragment of that is spent being chased and learning how to loop...Then trying to loop killers who actually know what they're doing. Learning that maps that change every game due to RNG

    On the flip side. Your 500 hours can be split between killer and survivor....And then it gets cut even more when you spend 300 on nurse..Then try to play blight. Then try to play Nemmy. All killers who function differently at different tiles.

    Eh... DBD does not have that much depth, fam. I got to a proficient level in this game (as killer) far more quickly than any other pvp game I have played. And I play a lot of pvp games.


    Not going to lie, you might have a point with survivor. It is extremely hard to learn that role in my humble opinion, and even harder to get good at it, and then the patience you need to not ######### on hook once you realize what your team is doing. I unironically have nothing but respect for good survivors.

  • Nobody with 7k hours would be asking to go back to MMR. You sir, are full of crap.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975572#Comment_2975572

    That's because DBD is def a different game...

    Ok you can have 500 hours experience. Let's for the sake of it say it's all survivor...I'd venture a small fragment of that is spent being chased and learning how to loop...Then trying to loop killers who actually know what they're doing. Learning that maps that change every game due to RNG

    On the flip side. Your 500 hours can be split between killer and survivor....And then it gets cut even more when you spend 300 on nurse..Then try to play blight. Then try to play Nemmy. All killers who function differently at different tiles.

    What you're describing is a high skill ceiling, but not a high skill floor. Someone with 500 hours will definitely not be "new" to the game, they'll be well above the skill floor compared to actual new players. They aren't a match for people with thousands of hours not because they're inexperienced but because there's such a large range of mastery available for all the different characters and maps.

    That's why I think it's funny when veterans call people who have played for 500 hours "new players". They're not new compared to the average, the veterans are just older than them.