They never thought to add Hit Validation for this?
For the veterans of dbd you probably seen the devs add hit validation to pallets, gengrabs and deadhard but how come they never added it to Vaulting? Out of many matches and videos from other players from both sides they always seem to ask the same question myself included "How did that hit?"
What are your thoughts if devs added this
Comments
Wait untill validation for vaults came out , and you will se a lot of post defending laggy killers.
but yeah agree with this , even while playing killers you can see those BS hits that you know shouldnt connect.
im more annoyed about getting grabbed when im halfway done from falling from a window
thats insane bad connection of the killer or yours , but can happen , and like you said feels bad.
I remember they tried it and it didn't work at all.
Vaults are already validated, they are part of the regular Hit Validation.
However, this is so generous that it might not even exist. Because not everyone lives close to a Server, which means that players with high Ping will also get their Hits.
am playing this game for 3 years of nothing got better in terms of vaulting at all probably the only thing that got fixed that i remenber was the rubber back of vaulting and the laggy animations , back when dedicated servers first came out , other than that nothing got changed about vaulting in a looooooong time.
"Hit Validation to GenGrabs"
Oh, you mean that thing where, instead of validating gen grabs, they decided to force you into a weapon swing instead, which can be dodged by the survivor, making it actually WORSE than it was before? And you don't get gengrabs like at all ever? Instead of letting you grab greedy survivors off of gens?
That validation?
fun fact and sad at the same time , we love autoaim into nothing XD
If you are still in the vault animation you can be hit. I see streamers and YT always complain about getting hit and they are still in animation.
In my short time playing killer I've gotten so many hits through vaults that I feel just...SHOULDN'T have hit lol. Like it was by a hair that I managed to connect it.
Well would you rather it be reverted to just standing there while they run?
The regular hit validation for vaults is pretty it need server validation like it does for pallets and dh where it refunds the hit
Between a grab being straight-up cancelled and a grab being transformed to a hit, I know what I'd rather have. (The hit, any day)
For unexpected hits, as well as unexpected misses, watching the screen of both sides usually explains the result.
A missed attack is 1.5 seconds of standing still, doing nothing. A "do nothing" result is less than a second. It's a straight-up nerf to lock you into a melee swing without making it a 100% successful hit.
The BETTER solution would've been, you know, VALIDATING the gen grab. Like they did with pallet drops, Dead Hard dodges, and will no doubt eventually do for survivor vaults.
But, you know, they didn't. Because R E A S O N S.
I disagree. Until they've announced that change I've hoped they would do something like this. It was requested on the forums by several players.
It makes sense too. The killer pressing M1 is bound to get either a hit or a grab, not "nothing" that will give the survivors time to move away without any downside. Hell no.
As for validation, it's difficult to know how good or bad they are. It's the same story for hits, hatchet hits, ...
bad survivor connection. If you had bad killer connection it wouldnt allow it. I've tested it.
Or my favourite, instead of getting vault grab, just doing a pat on your back and watching you run away while I still standing there with extended arm for several seconds like an idiot
From what I know(So take it with a grain of salt) that's actually just a programming flaw with the vault hitboxes rather then latency/validation.
As for whatever reason until your feet hit the ground your hitbox is stuck to the vault.