Demogorgon Add-On Pass

Feeks like an eternity has passed since I last made a discussion about Demogorgon, so let's change that, shall we?

As the title implies, I've decided to rework some of Demogorgon's Add-Ons that I feel aren't that good, which is the overwhelming majority..sadly.


Before I get into the reworks, I want to get into why Demogorgon's Add-Ons aren't the best:

They focus too much on his Portals, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the Portals are fine base-kit wise, so what the Add-Ons end up doing is buffing more-or-less useless stats, like sealing speed or detection range.


Now that that is out of the way, let's get onto the Add-On Pass.

(Any Add-On that goes unmentioned means I think they're fine)


image.png

Unknown Egg

Current Effect:

  • Decreases the cooldown after traversing the Upside Down by 1.5 seconds

My Rework:

  • Hitting a Survivor with Shred will block all Windows within 10 meters of the Demogorgon's location for 15 seconds


image.png

Upside Down Resin

Current Effect:

  • Increases time required for Survivors to seal Portals by 40%

My Rework:

  • Survivors that step on or seal a Portal will have their movement speed reduced by 10% for 15 seconds


image.png

Vermillion Webcap

Current Effect:

  • Increases the duration of the Undetectable effect gained when emerging from a Portal by 3 seconds

My Rework:

  • Survivors hit by Shred suffer from the Exhaustion Status Effect for 5 seconds


image.png

Brass Case Lighter

Current Effect:

  • Proximity to Portals inflicts Survivors with Blindness
  • Once out of contact with the Portal, this effect persists for 45 seconds

My Rework:

  • Survivors hit by Shred drop their Item


image.png

Deer Lung

Current Effect:

  • Increases Upside Down movement speed by 30%
  • Decreases the amount of available Portals by 2

My Rework:

  • Decreases the amount of time needed to fully charge Of The Abyss by 30%


image.png

Eleven's Soda

Current Effect:

  • Shows yellow auras for generators being repaired while traversing the Upside Down

My Rework:

  • Increases Shred movement speed by 30%


image.png

Thorny Vines

Current Effect:

  • Increases time required for Survivors to seal Portals by 11%
  • Increases the distance from Portals at which Survivors can be detected by Of The Abyss by 1 meter

My Rework:

  • Survivors hit by Shred suffer from the Mangled and Hemorrhage Status Effects until fully healed


image.png

Violet Waxcap

Current Effect

  • Increases the duration of the Undetectable effect gained when emerging for a Portal by 0.5 seconds

My Rework:

  • Hitting a Survivor with Shred will afflict the Demogorgon with the Undetectable Status Effect for 15 seconds


image.png

Rotten Green Tripe

Current Effect:

  • Increases Upside Down movement speed by 15%

My Rework:

  • Survivors hit by Shred will suffer from the Blindness Status Effect
  • Active Portals will be invisible to Survivors outside of 8 Meters


image.png

Rat Liver

Current Effect:

  • Increases movement speed while charging Of The Abyss by 3.5%

My Rework:

  • Increases Portal entering speed by 50%


image.png

Rat Tail

Current Effect:

  • Increases speed of opening a Portal by 35%

My Rework:

  • Increases Portal opening speed by 50%


image.png

Rotten Pumpkin

Current Effect:

  • When traversing the Upside Down, the Portal you enter is destroyed
  • Gain an additional 200 Bloodpoints for the traversal

My Rework:

  • Increases a fully charged Shred's range by 10%

Comments

  • idk for a meme addon ive gotten alot of use out of rotten pumpkin

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    idk for a meme addon ive gotten alot of use out of rotten pumpkin

    Which is why I want it base-kit.

    Having the choice between a normal teleport or a "destructive teleport" would be so nice

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973669#Comment_2973669

    Which is why I want it base-kit.

    Having the choice between a normal teleport or a "destructive teleport" would be so nice

    if its base kit that would be nice, as long as its an option of course.

  • Overall sounds like great suggestions. However I think the Rat Liver doesn't need a nerf and Deer Lung with Eleven's Soda are just too much, they would need to tone down a few notches

  • @Funky_lPunk said:

    Overall sounds like great suggestions. However I think the Rat Liver doesn't need a nerf and Deer Lung with Eleven's Soda are just too much, they would need to tone down a few notches

    Rat Liver doesn't really do anything anymore, the speed increase is very small, so I'd say it's a buff more than anything.


    I don't see that big of a problem with Deer Lung and Eleven's Soda, sure it makes Shred scary at close range and jungle gyms, but they're fine

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978693#Comment_2978693

    Rat Liver doesn't really do anything anymore, the speed increase is very small, so I'd say it's a buff more than anything.

    I don't see that big of a problem with Deer Lung and Eleven's Soda, sure it makes Shred scary at close range and jungle gyms, but they're fine

    I think 3.5% is very significant, I still feel a lot of difference when i play without it. And 30% faster charge speed will make Demo hit faster than aiming with old Deathslinger.

  • @Funky_lPunk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978716#Comment_2978716

    I think 3.5% is very significant, I still feel a lot of difference when i play without it. And 30% faster charge speed will make Demo hit faster than aiming with old Deathslinger.

    Maybe I can't tell how good current Rat Liver is because it's old iteration is ingrained in my brain, but I can't feel the 3.5% boost.

    Deer Lung reduces the amount of time needed to charge a fully charged Shred, which takes 1 second, by 30%, which means it gets reduced to 0.7 seconds, which is still longer than a short-Shred, which takes 0.65 seconds, and a short-Shred takes longer to charge than it took for old Deathslinger to aim

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978720#Comment_2978720

    Maybe I can't tell how good current Rat Liver is because it's old iteration is ingrained in my brain, but I can't feel the 3.5% boost.

    Deer Lung reduces the amount of time needed to charge a fully charged Shred, which takes 1 second, by 30%, which means it gets reduced to 0.7 seconds, which is still longer than a short-Shred, which takes 0.65 seconds, and a short-Shred takes longer to charge than it took for old Deathslinger to aim

    So it doesn't increase the speed of charging of the abyss itself, it speeds up only the distance charge up after of the abyss is useable?