Why are so many killers facecamping at 5 gens?

Facecamping at 5 gens is just ridicious (if you are not bubba) and if killer happens to dominate the game he makes sure survivor dies on first hook. Just asking why are some killers like this. Bubba ofcourse should camp but other killers doing this makes soloQ more horrible. My opinion is these killers are just sore losers if they really need to facecamp when they are already winning.

Comments

  • I don't do this when I play killer and I haven't been face camped at the start of the game in forever. I don't understand these complaints. They seen fabricated because this is not at all my experience. I don't even use DS and I'd say I get tunneled once every 20 games??? Yet everyone on here is constantly complaining about being tunneled. I feel people have no idea what actual camping and tunneling is.

  • If someone goes down that fast, I think the person should be ready for either being camped or tunneled.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325468/why-are-so-many-killers-facecamping-at-5-gens

    You are seeing this in the wrong perspective. Camping a survivor at 5 gens is potentially far more rewarding than doing so at 1 or 2 gens.

    The objective of this is to remove a survivor from the game. The sooner this happens, the better the chances for the killer to take control of the entire match, leading to a more relaxed and enjoyable experience for the rest of the match.

    5 gens camping is prime strategy, admittedly, at the expense of a degradation of the survivor experience, but ultimately everyone seeks their own enjoyment in a game and never have I seen a survivor group that is like "hey, we already 99d the last Gen and the killer is at 1 hook, let's stop for a while so the killer can have fun too".

    Personally I don't camp much, because I don't find it enjoyable, but don't miss understand the reason behind killers that do so at 5 gens. They are being efficient.

    You can have pretty easy relaxing game at 4vs1 if you dominate so facecamping at that point is unnessary for the win as the killer was already winning basically unless big miracle was going to happen. If you want even more easy game making it 3vs1 even tunneling is better experience for survivors than taking someones ability to play at all.

    I get bored quickly personally if I tunnel someone out or when someone suicides on hook as the game is not then any challenging so it's too easy. But occasionally I do basement bubba and that can give you 3-4K even when all gens are already fixed but if I dominate the game totally from start I usually stop camping and go for chases. I don't think basement bubba is toxic it suit his role and he does not go usually for grap so you can save the survivor with bt.

  • My Favorite is when killers slug at 5 gens with full slow down builds

  • I just don't care to actually try, that's why I'm camping at 5 gens

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2972364#Comment_2972364

    I almost came back to this earlier to say I thought this was a nice middle-ground, and in that time you now have the jailed avatar.

    What the hell did you do?

    I joked about Dredge needing 4 hits to down someone because his appendage is wiggly on the PTB. I guess that is considered bait.

1 2 ›