Killers You Want To See - Mechanically?

So...not 'Candyman' or 'a Xenomorph'.

I'm talking more at a mechanical/design level.

I'd like:

  • A summoner of some sort. Perhaps a big, slow 'hive' creature and little underlings that seek out survivors for you.
  • A super sneaky killer (giant spider) that drops on survivors from above.
  • Maybe something that can possess survivors and attack their allies.

Comments

  • More trap-based killers!

    I love Trapper and I like Hag conceptually, I'd love to have more killers that are based around setting up and coralling survivors in a particular way. In the current state of the game, they'd probably have to have more going on in their kit than just that, but so long as it's there I'd be happy.

  • Well actually i wanna see Medusa in game. She will freeze survivors for 3 seconds when use power.

    Her power can work like Pinhead's chains. If she hits you with power, you will freeze for 3 seconds. But i don't know how survivors would dodge her power

  • @jesterkind said:

    More trap-based killers!

    I love Trapper and I like Hag conceptually, I'd love to have more killers that are based around setting up and coralling survivors in a particular way. In the current state of the game, they'd probably have to have more going on in their kit than just that, but so long as it's there I'd be happy.

    I love trappers. I love playing trappers, and I love playing against them. But man, do others seem to feel differently...

    Maybe some sort of plant based killer?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971011#Comment_2971011

    I love trappers. I love playing trappers, and I love playing against them. But man, do others seem to feel differently...

    Maybe some sort of plant based killer?

    I had an idea a while back for a killer based on old-timey diving suits, where the traps are 'cracks' in the realm that spray water out like a leak in a submarine, either damaging or preventing them from passing. You can get quite inventive with traps!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    A tunneling killer. Think Demo's portal travel but a chase power.

    Not going to make the obvious joke :)

    @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971019#Comment_2971019

    I had an idea a while back for a killer based on old-timey diving suits, where the traps are 'cracks' in the realm that spray water out like a leak in a submarine, either damaging or preventing them from passing. You can get quite inventive with traps!

    That's a nifty idea. I'd love an oceanic themed killer.

  • I’ve posted I’d like to have a Medusa whose ability includes that survivors that look at her suffer negative conditions that get worse the longer you look, such as Blindness, Exhaustion, Hindered, up to Exposed. I think a killer that survivors actively try to avoid looking at would be tense in a fun way during chases or when you’re on a generator. It also would flip the script as a killer in that, rather than try and sneak up on survivors by blocking their line of sight, you actively try and make sure they can see you a lot of the time.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Well actually i wanna see Medusa in game. She will freeze survivors for 3 seconds when use power.

    Her power can work like Pinhead's chains. If she hits you with power, you will freeze for 3 seconds. But i don't know how survivors would dodge her power

    Funnily enough I’ve posted I want to see a Medusa, but mechanically I want her ability to include that survivors who look at her suffer conditions like Hindered or Blindness or Exhaustion or Exposed, etc, getting worse the longer you look. (She would still probably need an additional thing she can actively do with her power button too, otherwise she’d play mostly like a basic killer from her point of view.)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971048#Comment_2971048

    oml I didn't even notice what I did fml

    Also the only reason I thought of a tunneling/burrowing killer in the first place is because of Deep Rock Galactic and the Nayaka Trawlers (basically sandsharks), and how terrifying (at least, on paper/for newcomers) it would be to be running as a survivor only to be yoinked from underground.

    image.png

    Hmmm...

  • Transformation/Metamorphosis

    Something "creature feature" like an insect that starts in larval form and changes into a more deadly adult form.

  • @StarLost said:

    So...not 'Candyman' or 'a Xenomorph'.

    I'm talking more at a mechanical/design level.

    I'd like:

    • A summoner of some sort. Perhaps a big, slow 'hive' creature and little underlings that seek out survivors for you.
    • A super sneaky killer (giant spider) that drops on survivors from above.
    • Maybe something that can possess survivors and attack their allies.

    i want a killer that can shape shift/ mimic the survivors, (e.g. The Thing).

    i understand voice comms basically completely wreck its whole purpose. but god damn it, it would be fun.

  • I want a killer that gets stronger as the game progresses, Something like a machine that gets additional abilities when a generator is done, and becomes extremely dangerous once all 5 have been completed

    I like my "comeback king" abilities

  • @Sandwich_Jesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325384/killers-you-want-to-see-mechanically

    i want a killer that can shape shift/ mimic the survivors, (e.g. The Thing).

    i understand voice comms basically completely wreck its whole purpose. but god damn it, it would be fun.

    Yeah a lot of people have suggested this, but as you said - SWF makes this sort of pointless.

    Which is why I suggested a 'possession' killer.

  • Killer that burrows underground to travel around the map and tracks survivors that move. Think like the movie Tremors.