What The Hell Is Up With Survivors Today?

Yesterday was bad.

Today is bizarre. It almost feels like someone has found a way to bypass the DC penalty - because of my last 6 games, 4 have had 2+ DCs.

I don't tunnel.

I don't camp.

I don't slug.

And yet, it seems that, whether I'm bringing streamers or pudding - people will just DC the second they go down. It feels like those weird periods when the DC penalty was disabled.

Anyone else seeing this?

20220525165221_1.jpg 20220525165038_1.jpg


Comments

  • @Shroompy said:

    Trickster.

    Trickster.

    Doctor.

    Artist.

    Hag.

    Ghostface.

  • One thing I've never figured out is how people who DC after being downed once ever get through a match at all.

  • I just commented on your other post. Been play solo survivor all day. Only had 2 teammates DC but more than 7 killers have DC'd today. I think it's players on both sides wanting to get challenges done, if they don't think they'll be able to they quit and hope next match they will.

  • @bm33 said:

    I just commented on your other post. Been play solo survivor all day. Only had 2 teammates DC but more than 7 killers have DC'd today. I think it's players on both sides wanting to get challenges done, if they don't think they'll be able to they quit and hope next match they will.

    Weird, I played 8 or so survivor games this morning, no DCing killers but at least 1 DC'd teammate. Yeah, I think it must be Archives.

  • @StarLost said:

    Yesterday was bad.

    Today is bizarre. It almost feels like someone has found a way to bypass the DC penalty - because of my last 6 games, 4 have had 2+ DCs.

    I don't tunnel.

    I don't camp.

    I don't slug.

    And yet, it seems that, whether I'm bringing streamers or pudding - people will just DC the second they go down. It feels like those weird periods when the DC penalty was disabled.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/61CEPB4MEOUN/20220525165221-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WX3CX0IBO6TT/20220525165038-1.jpg

    Half my trickster games so many dcs. Decide to just practice a killer I’m not good at Nurse and I get proper swfs lol

  • Yeah lots of people dcing today, specially the first guy on hook or first down. Its kinda pathetic but what can you do

  • @Bupkiss said:

    I played against you. Your connection is terrible. Prompts for windows and pallets were delayed. You were getting hits from 5 meters away, knocking survivors out of the air, just a really terrible gaming experience. I felt like dcing but did not.

    Me? Interesting. What was my profile called, if you don't mind me asking - because it's not the same as my forum name.

    No idea what you mean by internet, as my ping never goes above 50ms, and I'm not playing from anywhere weird.

    The only time I get wonky stuff is when I play early morning, and get put up against a lot of Chinese players for some reason - and they tend to be 200-400ms.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970464#Comment_2970464

    Weird, I played 8 or so survivor games this morning, no DCing killers but at least 1 DC'd teammate. Yeah, I think it must be Archives.

    Until I saw your posts I was going to make my own asking what was up with all the killer DCs. 😂