Have you ever noticed . . .

Have you ever noticed that the "culture" and "rules" for how to play DBD differ geographically? I watch a lot of different Twitch streams. People in different countries often have different play styles than people in North America. Certain perks, jukes/techs, and items are more/less common in different regions. It's weird--in a good way. Maybe, without realizing it, we ARE more influenced by bigger Twitch streamers than we realize. People watch them and adopt some of their styles/patterns. Then when we play with/against those people, we adopt similar patterns without realizing it. And then we keep perpetuating certain styles within the servers we load into. We're influencing each other in a gaming culture cycle.

Just a nerdy (and, to me, interesting) observation I had. I wonder if you've noticed the same thing.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is a clear cut, black and white difference. It's not. It's noticeable enough for me to comment on, but not noticeable enough that we'd struggle to play with/against each other.

Comments

  • I live in the US but play survivor on EU from time to time (queue times and teammates tend to be better). Some observations:

    It could be the time of day that I play (evening EST/whatever that translates to Frankfurt), but the level of killer play tends to be a lot higher on EU. I also see Hag 20x more often for whatever reason on EU.

    It could have a lot to do with queue times. EU survivor queues are instant at that hour and NA queues are eternal, so I'm probably getting really bad matches on NA.

    As far as DbD culture, it's not too different between the regions. It seems to go by MMR. If I get a quick survivor queue, I generally get sweaty teammates and an omega sweat killer on either region. If I have to wait, I'm lucky if half the players have a full loadout and tier 3 perks.

    Both regions have....spicy endgame chats to say the least.

    Can't really compare NA/EU as a killer because I'm not playing killer at 130ms ping lul

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I live in the US but play survivor on EU from time to time (queue times and teammates tend to be better). Some observations:

    It could be the time of day that I play (evening EST/whatever that translates to Frankfurt), but the level of killer play tends to be a lot higher on EU. I also see Hag 20x more often for whatever reason on EU.

    It could have a lot to do with queue times. EU survivor queues are instant at that hour and NA queues are eternal, so I'm probably getting really bad matches on NA.

    As far as DbD culture, it's not too different between the regions. It seems to go by MMR. If I get a quick survivor queue, I generally get sweaty teammates and an omega sweat killer on either region. If I have to wait, I'm lucky if half the players have a full loadout and tier 3 perks.

    Both regions have....spicy endgame chats to say the least.

    That's really interesting!

    One thing I noticed is, I have never seen anyone on an Asian server do that pallet tech into a hole on Gideon. I've seen survivors loop it, but never do that tech. But I see a lot of people here do it, so much so that I've seen Killers avoid it, knowing that's what the Survivor is doing.

  • Most players don't know how to think for themselves they have to do and say what master tells them.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970102#Comment_2970102

    That's really interesting!

    One thing I noticed is, I have never seen anyone on an Asian server do that pallet tech into a hole on Gideon. I've seen survivors loop it, but never do that tech. But I see a lot of people here do it, so much so that I've seen Killers avoid it, knowing that's what the Survivor is doing.

    The meta in Asia definitely seems much more immersive. I've had a few games against what I think were Asian SWFs on a VPN and the playstyle was very interesting.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970112#Comment_2970112

    The meta in Asia definitely seems much more immersive. I've had a few games against what I think were Asian SWFs on a VPN and the playstyle was very interesting.

    Definitely. I forgot to ask you, how's your ping when you're VPNing?

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Most players don't know how to think for themselves they have to do and say what master tells them.

    I mean . . . yeah. People are susceptible to influence more than we like to think. Can't really disagree, unfortunately.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970118#Comment_2970118

    Definitely. I forgot to ask you, how's your ping when you're VPNing?

    120-140 from midwest US to Frankfurt. It's definitely playable but I play super safe at tiles. Some hits get spicy if the killer is from RU.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970119#Comment_2970119

    120-140 from midwest US to Frankfurt. It's definitely playable but I play super safe at tiles. Some hits get spicy if the killer is from RU.

    Yeah one time my internet had some issues and went up to above 400(!!!), and I decided to play DBD anyway, just to see what shitshow I would be in for lol It was horrifically bad lol Meme-level absurdity. But it was fun and spicy lol