BHVR you need to change how gens are completed

All day today and for 50% or so of the matches that I play as killer I get gen rushed to oblivion. Gens are too easy for survivors to do. a 4 man SWF can split and do 4 gens separately and 3 of those 4 gens will be done within 2 minutes. There is nothing killers can do to stop this even with gen regression perks. When I play on survivor side I feel bad for the killers that don't have gen regression perks and have 3 gens pop on them before they even get a chance to create any kind of pressure. This leads to the slugging, camping, toxic gameplay that survivors hate. With the killer games I played today I noticed something. When survivors were too altruistic I would get 3-4 kills. When survivors split and gen rushed I get 1-2 kills, usually at the very end of the game. Killers have to rely on gen regression perks to stay in the game. That is why the same 4 perks are used over and over and over again on killer side. I know that a perk rework is coming but I think a gen rework needs to be in the loop. Gens are the least skillful part of this game. It takes 5 minutes to learn how to do a gen well. It takes hours to understand loops, tiles, killer powers and strategies. We are in SBMM world now. I think it's time the generator objective actually took some skill to complete. Make it a button sequence or series of tasks to complete the gen. That would lessen the need for gen regression perk builds on killers and hopefully make the game more fun and less stressful/aggravating.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Comments

  • A button Sequence would just make it harder for people with disabilities.

    AND "A series of tasks" would just make solo queue unplayable (it already sorta is)

  • They could do something like remove the noise notification and have the skillcheck prompt only appear if you're looking at the gen. The skill check would still regress if you missed it, but you would only get the qte if you're looking at the generator. I've never understood how a group of random people know how to operate and repair machinery while not even looking at it. XD

  • I agree its to easy. I miss a skill once in every 50-100 attempts or so id guess??? Not counting of the killer has oppression, overcharge, or some other perk to make the skill checks more difficult. I think the skill checks should be harder then they are. Perhaps the closer the terror radius is to shrink the skill checks substantially. This would also make it more difficult for survivors to complete gens in your face. Or just do a new mechanic all together with the skill checks.

  • I have to agree. If you're not using a top tier killer that can get hits very quickly, you really need gen regression perks. With how many resources survivor has, how map tiles can spawn really close together, along with the fact that healing is extremely fast these days, there's very little ways for killers to apply pressure and keep pressure without those perks. Which is why tunneling and slugging and camping are such a big thing. It's a sad game state tbh.

  • The thing about the game is it CAN absolutely be fast as ######### to the point game is already over by the time you get 2 hooks. But most survivors arent like that and most games arent like that. I feel like with some gen regression perks, game is managable. And hopefully with the base game changes, there wont even be a need for gen regression perks and we can actually bring fun stuff. (A naive hope, i know)