Why are 'deal' and 'joke' banned words?
Title says it all, bit too much with the 'profanity' filter?
Title says it all, bit too much with the 'profanity' filter?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
So that no one has to ever **** with a ****. :D
'sorry mate nothing I could do there' is also profanity it seems!
The chat censor is honestly pretty stupid. Last night I noticed that the name Frank is censored. I’m guessing it’s related to Frank being one of the killers in Legion, but I can’t for the life of me understand why that would be a reason to censor the name.
Remove chat censor and let me disable the chat completely with no option of turning it back on unless you change a setting and restart the game.
it also censors gg wps, boil over, toolbox or medkit, as well as many other perk names and in-game feature terms
My best guess is that the chat filter randomly picks the words to censor.
The filter has some weird 'contextual' thing that tries to detect certain things or certain patterns I'm guessing? It's probably censoring certain words because they are 'flagged' as being work-around for other slurs or something like that
I'm pretty sure there's also some kind of 'personalisation' to it because some people can say stuff and not be censored but others can.
Either way, terrible design.
BHVR can't even properly code AI for the tutorial. So this actually makes a LOT of sense.
Why are 'deal' and 'joke' banned words?
Because the profanity filter's whole deal is that it's a joke.