Do you think we will ever have tome rewrites?
I know that tome stories are hard to flesh out and take time to create, but will we ever have rewrites of times that received poor reception or just need changes? For example, the Nurse’s tome was generally frowned upon the community, as we felt it went against the original nature of her character and how she became the nurse. I feel like necessary rewrites would be good with creating better stories for the characters we love. What do you guys think? Y’all think it’s a possibility?
Comments
Rewrites, no; I doubt they'll go back and change anything they've already released. But second tomes for the same character that retcon or respin their lore? That seems more probable to me. David just became the first character to star in two tomes, so it's a possibility. And DBD lore is already super inconsistent and self-contradictory anyway, handwaved away by multiple universes and infinite versions of the same character existing. As you say, the Nurse's tome doesn't line up with her initial lore blurb, from her character and motivations to quantifiable details (in her description, she smothered her patients to death; in her tome, she killed via lethal injection.) I certainly wouldn't complain if they tried again.
No, frankly i don't want them to, in fact I want them to commit to what they have created and expand upon them with multiple tomes.
The base lores are mere overviews of the character's lores only and does not tell us everything while the tome lores only covers specific parts of their lives in details, they are all incomplete told stories and the more tomes we get to expand upon the character's lives, the more of a full picture we get of them.
I swear I remember them saying that they're gonna revisit Nurse's tome but then just never did it