A collaboration with a controversial genre?
* First of all, it is revealed that it was not written for a specific political purpose, but because of the social and cultural perception. And I used a translator.
I've heard that you're collaborating with attack on titan with video clips of the 6th anniversary of Devade or official Twitter. Collaboration must be a good thing for each other, but it's very unfortunate that it's with a controversial genre. There are many elements in the work that praise Japanese imperialism(kamikaze, Secretly praise their war through lines and endings), so I don't think it's good to have an agreement with this.
Also, through DBD Reaks, I learned that Jake Park is one of the characters in the collaboration costume. Korea is actually a historically damaged country that era and especially sensitive to war crimes, but a "Korean" character wears a controversial costume? Are you serious... NO WAY.
Personally, I wish Jake's clothes and collaboration would be canceled, but it will be hard. Anyway, It is good for you to collaborate with various companies but I want you to be more careful.
Comments
I read somewhere that AoT also has strong fash themes which makes me wary of it.
It occurs to me this seems less about the anime genre in general and more Attack on Titan in particular.
The main antagonist through much of the second half is essentially a Nazi regime that's convinced its equivalent of the Jews that all the horrible stuff they say about them was actually true.
fash themes
wth does that mean
I assume Fascist. I assume it's not Fashion since most of the Titans are Barbie Doll Naked.
I figured but like
What does it mean
Are they implying the anime glorifies and promotes it or what
Most likely, yes.
There is some concern that the work's author has views on that direction. If not that then, very least, he has a very high opinion of Imperial Japan that comes through in his work, and they have their own laundry list of atrocities that modern day Japan doesn't like to acknowledge. Mostly perpetrated against its neighbors, such as Korea (hence specific mention of Jake)
I'm not very knowledgeable on the specifics but that's the gist as I understand it.
I see, interesting stuff.
Not a watcher of it so I genuinely have no idea if any of it's true, I always just got the impression it's a show about fighting the giant monster things and angst idk
Learn smth new everyday