'You are apt at handling machinery with greatest care and precision'
'An additional 3% (repair) progress is lost'
Excuse, what?
'An additional 3% (repair) progress is lost'
Excuse, what?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why make a perk for beginners that makes them even more punished for failing skill checks? If gen randomly explodes, it is likely that the killer is gonna ignore it anyway.
Bite the Bullet doesn't do this and in fact it makes you lose less progress,no idea where the logic with Technician is
Losing repair progress when you fail a skillcheck means you need to repair for longer, which means more chances for skillchecks, which gives you more chances to practice hitting skillchecks.
🦆🦂
Gotta punish the 1% of new players stupid enough to run a beginner perk I guess
They basically made it a griefing perk by adding the extra penalty. You can follow teammates around and regress gens.
I understand they don't like the idea of people going afk on gens, hence why they thought the penalty MIGHT have been a good idea. But as usual theory =/= practice. The perk is meant to be training wheels. The thing is, there's ALREADY a penalty when you miss a skillcheck. With the extra penalty, they just made it like every time the training wheels saves you from falling, then someone comes to you and slaps you in the face for failing.
And this is why we have corrective action, so we can bring our noob friends along and babysit them on the gens.
Technician and unrelenting lol the two crutch perks in dead by daylight that require you be bad to get any use
Be honest though how many times has that actually happened to you? I can't even remember the last time I saw someone running that perk if I'm being honest
Or ya know, e key.
I wouldn't consider it crutch just because most of the time someone will milk the loop to use dead hard, I'm pretty sure that's what you're implying anyway , these perks require you to be bad at the game literally lol whiffing alot or blowing skill checks just to have the perk activate
Nop, i meant unrelenting. Dead hard for sure is crutch though, same as noed.