You wanted anime? You got anime.

Wesker is the most anime thing in resident evil.

https://youtu.be/MztXNdpLjg0

Watch him dodge bullets and teleport around from 30 seconds in. It's the most nothing personnel kid thing in the entire series. It's damn close to being a devil may cry cutscene.

Personally? I hate it. I hate Wesker. He's a boring evil superman with an inexplicable transatlantic accent. Resident evil is at it's best when it's a relatively grounded sci-fi horror thing. Not looking forward to him.

Comments

  • Sorry but RE4 is one of the most widely regarded video games ever made, and it's one of the corniest self-aware Resident Evil games ever made. Wesker's not even in it.

    I do prefer the more serious tone of things like the remakes of RE1, RE2 etc but I also love the corny stuff as well. DBD's full of characters like that and that kind of horror has its place imo

  • Chris punched a boulder. Is he fine in dbd?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Sorry but RE4 is one of the most widely regarded video games ever made, and it's one of the corniest self-aware Resident Evil games ever made. Wesker's not even in it.

    I do prefer the more serious tone of things like the remakes of RE1, RE2 etc but I also love the corny stuff as well. DBD's full of characters like that and that kind of horror has its place imo

    Well he kinda is in it. If you do ada side mission he the one you are reporting too. He also in mercenaries doing his thing against the villagers.

  • @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959158#Comment_2959158

    Well he kinda is in it. If you do ada side mission he the one you are reporting too. He also in mercenaries doing his thing against the villagers.

    Oh yeah, I forgot about that lol

    He's not in the main campaign though right? iirc Leon only mentions him once to Ada and then he's never brought up again.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959189#Comment_2959189

    Oh yeah, I forgot about that lol

    He's not in the main campaign though right? iirc Leon only mentions him once to Ada and then he's never brought up again.

    No he isn't in the main campaign until part 5 with Jill.

  • I didn't want anime

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I didn't want anime

    Yes you did

  • I mean yeah, I kinda have to agree.

    Like, I'm happy for the people who wanted Wesker, but in my opinion there were so, so many better options it's not even funny.

  • we...are getting Attack on Titan, so yes, we are getting anime.

    And, for one, and as silly as Dwight's outfit is, I'm all for it.