For killers - offerings that benefit survivors - glyph gifts
I tend to play killer more thematically and for fun as opposed to going try-hard to win. I generally tend to be a kind killer overall (no hook camping, let people get glyphs before attacking, usually let last hatch, etc...)
Sometimes I play to win, and sometimes I play just to generally try to create a fun experience across the board. It would be nice if I'm in the latter mood, if I could burn offerings that actually benefit the survivors in some way.
While optional objectives would be fun or perhaps modifiers (one less gen to repair, faster healing speeds, etc...), they might be a tall order for the devs. Instead, how about for us kinder killers when we collect things in the bloodweb, there's a chance we are additionally given a glyph gift. As an offering, we can have a random type of glyph created in the game for survivors. Perhaps it's first come first serve, or perhaps there's one for every survivor. It gives the survivors a chance to optionally go for additional bloodpoints if they deem it worth the risk.
Again, this actually benefits the killer in no way, but it would at least help address some of the apparent toxicity expectations in the game, or at least make a match a surprising breath of fresh air for survivors. I mean heck, it could go both ways...survivors being able to generate a glyph for the killer.
Thoughts?
EDIT - To clarify, the glyph gifts would NOT appear in the bloodweb itself and "junk it up". When you purchase something on the bloodweb, there's a chance you will ALSO get a gift glyph. You're welcome to disregard it entirely, but for those more friendly killers, it's an option they can utilize if they wish.
Comments
I like the idea of the glyph offering both mechanically and thematically as they would be the "Temptation" offerings(more BP but distracts from the main objective).
I think that making it spawn bonus Glyphs for the survivor's is a good idea for an offering but it will be unused unless the killer gets something in return.
I think that having those offerings should give the killer BP in a related way but also double all interaction glyph BP:
Red Glyph offering is unconditional Glyphs so the killer gets 33% BP in all catagories(This would become the new hollow shell). The killer can't interact with them.
Yellow Glyph offering would give 50% Hunting and 50% Brutality.
Green Glyph offering would give 50% Sacrifice and Deviousness. Green Glyphs spawn as per usual but ones spawned by this offering can't be interacted with by the killer.
White Glyph offerings would give a 2.5k event category BP)25k per match Cap) if you're 24 or more meters away from a hook when a survivor is unhooked and/or that far away when they complete a mirror. This is solely to deter camping.
I wouldnt like my bloodwebs to be spammed with stuff that doesn't help me tbh. Nice idea but I don't want to be forced to waste BP on it.
But the glyph thing itself is actually something that gives the killer a benefit. If survivors have an additional target, they don't sit on gens. So it would not be the "1 gen less" thing. If the glyph doesnt only take 1 sec to commune with.
If you get conditions on it like "cleanse a totem once per game to activate a glyph" and that glyph gives you another 2k BP or something, you could even run it with Pentimento. Possibly you could do some more conditions that dont force survivors to throw the game but create some type of interaction maybe
I'm not sure how it would spam your bloodweb. I said when you purchase something in the bloodweb, there's a chance you'll ALSO get a glyph gift. They wouldn't "take up space" on the web.
It's a nice concept somewhat comparable to party streamers.
But personally I think its a slippery slope for survivors again. Its like with the pity hatch, theyre expecting to be given mercy.
I already see the flaming in chat "why no glyph gift?"
Now do a survivor-to-killer gift lol.
I would prefer if "gift glyphs" were used after the game, where if you give someone props (thumbs up) they get a small-ish (8k?) bp bonus for that game.