Can we bring back old fog?
I'm going back to watch alot of old videos.
Back when fog offering actually did something fun and unique.
But not fog offerings just make little blobs of black...
I'm going back to watch alot of old videos.
Back when fog offering actually did something fun and unique.
But not fog offerings just make little blobs of black...
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
+1
Looks like a pain that just gives effectively more killers corn blindness
I want weather offerings
I mean, not really. The old offerings never made it so you couldn't see through the fog.
I watched this and it did look pretty bad, thick white mist that can spawn inside tiles that is absolutely everywhere, old offerings literally made fog you couldn't see through its like corn blindness out there even at tiles
I think it would make playing against stealth killers more interesting
God that looks fantastic, of course they can change it to be more see through, but I would love this . It would make the game scarier.
I think the intended gameplay was more so stealth than loops, so yeah fog was amazing. I honestly miss it having loops be hard nerfed and stealth becoming more and more useful for saving loops.
This was also really good for stealth and trap killers.
But screw fog, i want the old distance blur back. THIS I feel was needed and survivors got too much of an edge having this removed. It wasn't for visuals, it was so you couldn't see a trapper place his trap 5000 meters away as WELL as killers not seeing a survivor across the map seconds into the match
they could make that the fog is more transparent for killers, maybe it would help if they increase fog thickness and the amount on the maps
I only see it as a pain, eyrie of crows had a max fog effect that was pretty annoying and I don't want that and other fog effects to be consistently used I like seeing the game
I agree I want old fog.
No thanks, corn existing as one pain to see through is more than enough.
I would sign a petition to bring the old fog back.
people who want old fog back are only remembering third person, not first.
You don't have to sign the petition 😒
Haha me 2.
yeah the game should be darker and foggier for survivors, while having normal brightness and fog levels for killers.
I though the reason for changing the fog was it hurt game performance badly on several platforms and in certain maps as they reworked them.
Hmmm, if it hurts performance that badly then I suppose not.
I remember that being the excuse when they banned the moonlight offerings, don’t recall the same for fog though. And if they really cared about performance on all platforms, we wouldn’t have the longest-running forum thread being about that very issue - and still unresolved. See here, created by @Pulsar - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245229/the-continued-ignorance-of-performance-issues-continues-to-hamper-player-fun/p1
It’s clear (pun intended) that the entire atmosphere of the game was changed to appease players who hated how well survivors could hide. It is literally night and day how the game used to look and feel. They also literally nerfed the Left 4 Dead t-shirt and P3 outfits (specifically, Claudette) to be less dark. Not to mention the amount of visibility in the reworked maps, and that there’s less places to hide near gens or anywhere else. And more perks constantly giving away survivor aura and locations.
It’s kinda funny, because as stealth became less viable with these changes, survivors began to do all they could - repair gens quickly to get out of the trial ASAP. Leading to threads about gen rush, gen speeds are too fast, etc. Well, maybe bring back a darker and more stealthy game, and gens won’t go so fast.
I'm well aware of that post I've contributed to it prolly a hundred times by now.
Same
sTeAlTh
It would help stealth sure.
But also killer stealth (Ghost face, Pig, Wraith, Onryo?) And a Myers in the distance would be scary if fog was around him
Trap Stealth (Snares, Hag Traps, Bear Traps)
Victor would gain from it as long gas the fog isn't as thick as corn