Any Stab... I mean Scream enthusiasts? (Possible spoilers!!)

Recently I got into Scream, totally missed out that a new movie was released. How did you find it?

I watched every movie for the last 3 days and rewatched the 5th. I must say, that one scene hurts even more now, if you know what I mean. 😥

But I really love it, it's not just that regular slasher like Halloween, F13 etc. It feels unique and also not supernatural or dumb in some way.

Anyways, I heard that Scream 6 is on it's way and I can't wait for it.

Comments

  • My favourite aspect of the series is the self aware nature of it, every entry in the series mocks the current trends for horror in a bunch of ways while also being a standalone horror film at the same time

    I like how in the newest film they included a reference to Dead Meat, I was so happy to see that.

  • I’m looking forward to scream 6!! It’s been confirmed that Kirby will be back!! She got stabbed by Trevor in 4 but survived.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    My favourite aspect of the series is the self aware nature of it, every entry in the series mocks the current trends for horror in a bunch of ways while also being a standalone horror film at the same time

    I like how in the newest film they included a reference to Dead Meat, I was so happy to see that.

    Yeah I saw it. And also a lot of references to the old films. But yeah, it's nature is what makes it unique.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I’m looking forward to scream 6!! It’s been confirmed that Kirby will be back!! She got stabbed by Trevor in 4 but survived.

    I hope we can say that for another character as well :/

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I’m looking forward to scream 6!! It’s been confirmed that Kirby will be back!! She got stabbed by Trevor in 4 but survived.

    Also, wasn't his name Charlie? Trevor was supposed to be a suspect and Jills boyfriend so that Jill (the actual Killer) seems innocent.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947657#Comment_2947657

    Also, wasn't his name Charlie? Trevor was supposed to be a suspect and Jills boyfriend so that Jill (the actual Killer) seems innocent.

    Charlie was the one Jill shot, Trevor was the one with the long hair he was taped in a chair outside Jills house.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I’m looking forward to scream 6!! It’s been confirmed that Kirby will be back!! She got stabbed by Trevor in 4 but survived.

    Wait, is it confirmed she will be in the movie???

    i know they confirmed the character survived but haven’t heard that she will actually be back

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947657#Comment_2947657

    Wait, is it confirmed she will be in the movie???

    i know they confirmed the character survivor but haven’t heard that she will actually be back

    The official scream twitter account confirmed it.

  • Yay

    really happy to see this confirmed!

    35C0A51D-6296-439F-8892-7215413668DC.gif


  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947865#Comment_2947865

    Charlie was the one Jill shot, Trevor was the one with the long hair he was taped in a chair outside Jills house.

    I think it's reversed but doesn' matter

  • Oh. Uhm. I wouldnt get my hopes up if I were you.

  • But much of backlash from fans.

    I heard he was supposed to die in the original, but fans loved his character so they let him survive.

    I hope they'll do a Halloween Kills moment where he does survive but he'll be in the hospital for the entire movie like Laurie.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949698#Comment_2949698

    TBH, I don't. I think it's much more impactful when they kill off a loved character. It's much more interesting and emotional to see someone you actually care about die then just some random. The only issue I had they seemed to do it in a very off handed way. Like they were just killing off a random and not a well established and loved character.

    I see so many people shocked by this but I knew they would kill off one of the OG and I figured it would be Gail or Dewey and I did learn towards they would kill him.

    It was a rather cold death. Like, he didn't have to leave the elevator, he saved Tara and Richie. Instead of thinking ahead and removing the mask immediately as well as giving a head shot, he went in afterwards and all by himself.

    If it was a heroic death at least, but he didn't have to leave the elevator in the first place.

    What's truly heartbreaking is that Gale and Dewey barely spoke and he left without telling her, and he didn't come back, similar to how he left her and New York and never came back.

    Personally I hope he survived somehow. I usually don't care all that much about characters deaths in horror movies as they aren't well developed most of the time. But that one hurt... A LOT.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949794#Comment_2949794

    "Personally I hope he survived somehow. I usually don't care all that much about characters deaths in horror movies as they aren't well developed most of the time. But that one hurt... A LOT."

    That's a good thing. It should upset us. We should feel sad, even angry when a character dies.

    But slashers are about killing people.

    They could've chosen anyone but one of the original 3. Especially the one who made people laugh a lot during the other movies.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949807#Comment_2949807

    "But slashers are about killing people."

    Not sure what you mean here. We are discussing someone who was killed. Unless you are saying that in a slasher only the "cardboard cutout" characters should die. If so, I strongly disagree.

    I know everyone is different and has different expectations from a movie. It's just what I enjoy.

    Yeah, I meant random people and not quite the iconic characters.

    If you look at Halloween, F13, Nightmare on Elm, all those Kills are mostly random twats getting killed off.

    But like you said, everyone has their own opinions and wishes. And I wish Dewey survived.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947865#Comment_2947865

    Charlie was the one Jill shot, Trevor was the one with the long hair he was taped in a chair outside Jills house.

    No, Charlie was Jill partner, he's dead because Jill stab him and making her the only survivor. Trevor was Jill boyfriend and Jill will framed him for partnering with Charlie as the killer. And yes, Charlie's the one who stabbed Kirby on the outside of the house after Kirby completing the quiz from Ghostface (Jill probably)

  • @MrDardon said:

    Recently I got into Scream, totally missed out that a new movie was released. How did you find it?

    I watched every movie for the last 3 days and rewatched the 5th. I must say, that one scene hurts even more now, if you know what I mean. 😥

    But I really love it, it's not just that regular slasher like Halloween, F13 etc. It feels unique and also not supernatural or dumb in some way.

    Anyways, I heard that Scream 6 is on it's way and I can't wait for it.

    Did you understand what the killers motive in the 5th? I don't quite understand about it.....

  • @RedRabbitGX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/323055/any-stab-i-mean-scream-enthusiasts-possible-spoilers

    Did you understand what the killers motive in the 5th? I don't quite understand about it.....

    the motive was pretty dumb IMO.

  • they wanted the producers of Stab movies are fully inspired by their killings right?

    So they can make another good sequel after Stab 8

  • @RedRabbitGX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/323055/any-stab-i-mean-scream-enthusiasts-possible-spoilers

    Did you understand what the killers motive in the 5th? I don't quite understand about it.....

    Not sure, but I also saw it only once. I guess they only wanted to copyCat the Stab movies like everyone else except Billy and Stu.

    But tbh, Charlie and Jill are the most forgettable ones.

    Billy and Stu are original, Mike and.. well.. that woman.. mainly Mike because of his obsessive nature of the stab movies, Roman was literally a Stab film producer and the first standalone Ghostface, Jill and Charlie were just there like that woman from Scream 2 and besides Billy and Stu, Amber and Richie were probably the best pair of Ghostface's to this date, they were brutal, ruthless and really crazy, like Stu almost. But it's not just them, the entire Scream 5 cast really nailed their roles, they did a fantastic job.

    Edit: Jill was also quite supervised by Sidney because she was scared for Jill, Jill couldn't do that much until the end when Sid tried to search for her until she revealed herself.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954561#Comment_2954561

    Not sure, but I also saw it only once. I guess they only wanted to copyCat the Stab movies like everyone else except Billy and Stu.

    But tbh, Charlie and Jill are the most forgettable ones.

    Billy and Stu are original, Mike and.. well.. that woman.. mainly Mike because of his obsessive nature of the stab movies, Roman was literally a Stab film producer and the first standalone Ghostface, Jill and Charlie were just there like that woman from Scream 2 and besides Billy and Stu, Amber and Richie were probably the best pair of Ghostface's to this date, they were brutal, ruthless and really crazy, like Stu almost. But it's not just them, the entire Scream 5 cast really nailed their roles, they did a fantastic job.

    Amber’s reveal is iconic.

  • Amber also had some really badass lines. First of all "I know" and revealing herself is probably the best one.

    "Yeah, and he died like a pu**y" was really brutal and bold of her to say in front of Gale xD.

    The sequence in the basement where she and Mindy stood in front of eachother and she almost revealed herself until Mindy came up with that "because I am" sentence.

    "It's an honor" when she killed... poor Dewey.


    But all that is nothing compared to 1 line Gale said at the end, when she'll write about a good man who used to be the sheriff in Woodsboro once.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    My favourite aspect of the series is the self aware nature of it, every entry in the series mocks the current trends for horror in a bunch of ways while also being a standalone horror film at the same time

    I like how in the newest film they included a reference to Dead Meat, I was so happy to see that.

    I was so happy seeing Dead Meat at the movie as well, loved it!!!

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954561#Comment_2954561

    Not sure, but I also saw it only once. I guess they only wanted to copyCat the Stab movies like everyone else except Billy and Stu.

    But tbh, Charlie and Jill are the most forgettable ones.

    Billy and Stu are original, Mike and.. well.. that woman.. mainly Mike because of his obsessive nature of the stab movies, Roman was literally a Stab film producer and the first standalone Ghostface, Jill and Charlie were just there like that woman from Scream 2 and besides Billy and Stu, Amber and Richie were probably the best pair of Ghostface's to this date, they were brutal, ruthless and really crazy, like Stu almost. But it's not just them, the entire Scream 5 cast really nailed their roles, they did a fantastic job.

    „that woman“ from Scream 2 was Billy’s mother and definitely one of the better killers in terms of motives.

    Also Roman wasn’t killing because of the stab movies at all… he is the half-brother of Sidney

    Jill is another one that wasn’t just there, she is Sidney’s cousin and is also way more interesting than the others and especially after her reveal she was one of my favorites.

    both Amber and Richie were literally just there and didn’t even have a personal motive at all..

  • @vanGlasse1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947322#Comment_2947322

    I was so happy seeing Dead Meat at the movie as well, loved it!!!

    I watched the movie in German and his voice sounded so 16 year old and goofy for some reason xD

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955283#Comment_2955283

    Amber also had some really badass lines. First of all "I know" and revealing herself is probably the best one.

    "Yeah, and he died like a pu**y" was really brutal and bold of her to say in front of Gale xD.

    The sequence in the basement where she and Mindy stood in front of eachother and she almost revealed herself until Mindy came up with that "because I am" sentence.

    "It's an honor" when she killed... poor Dewey.

    But all that is nothing compared to 1 line Gale said at the end, when she'll write about a good man who used to be the sheriff in Woodsboro once.

    omg the basement scene was done so well!!! When Amber got jump scared she was holding her fist up like she had a knife. That was a good one.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955280#Comment_2955280

    „that woman“ from Scream 2 was Billy’s mother and definitely one of the better killers in terms of motives.

    Also Roman wasn’t killing because of the stab movies at all… he is the half-brother of Sidney

    Jill is another one that wasn’t just there, she is Sidney’s cousin and is also way more interesting than the others and especially after her reveal she was one of my favorites.

    both Amber and Richie were literally just there and didn’t even have a personal motive at all..

    Like I said, I watched all movies besides 5, once and that's how they stayed in my mind. Maybe that'll change once I rewatch all the movies a few times.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955295#Comment_2955295

    omg the basement scene was done so well!!! When Amber got jump scared she was holding her fist up like she had a knife. That was a good one.

    Yeah, that little detail was really nice. She's not used to be scared AS the Killer.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955298#Comment_2955298

    I watched the movie in German and his voice sounded so 16 year old and goofy for some reason xD

    lol I must see this now then xD