Groaning Storehouse Is So Busted It's Not Even Funny
I think that Groaning Storehouse is my least favorite map in the entire game by a large margin.
First of all, it's weird shape makes it much more difficult to patrol than any other map. You have to go way out of your way in order to check/damage. It's not that large of a map, but those juts make it feel so much larger than it is.
Then there's also the totem spawns. All of them are incredibly obvious spots. There's your predictable LT wall spawns, two hills for them to spawn on, killer shack, and then basically out in the open next to trees. If you bring any hex perks to this map, they're more or less guaranteed to be cleansed early on.
And then there's the main building. I've had my complaints about big central buldings several times, but this one is the most egrigious offender. A very safe pallet inside the building, two very low risk windows, and 2-3 very safe pallets just outside the building. Breaking the door on this building is a must, but it still barely does anything to help. This structure is essentially an infinite against some killers. Sadako, Ghostface, Wraith, Myers and Pig, just to name a few, are basically entirely helpless against this building.
There are a fair amount of maps in this game that I dislike, but this is the one that is an instant DC from me whenever I load into it. I would rather play on Gideon's than this map, and I hate that map a lot.
Comments
We know, but this game is made for low rank survivors with killers just existing. Maps are a huge problem in this game, but they refuse to acknowledge it and for some odd reason think its fine. Just look at eyre of crows and the game.
Groaning Bore house wouldn't be a problem if those 2 area that point outwards where instead turned around and slapped on the side.
It would be better like this
Central structure would still be a huge problem, but I agree making it a more normal shape would make it a lot more tolerable.
I totally agree.
In my opinion, what makes the main building so stupefying strong is that, in addition to its raw power, it is also connected to some very strong tiles that are placed adjacent to it.
Here are some suggestions I have for the map:
Thoughts?
I definitely like the idea of more intractability with maps. I'm not sure how balanced these specific suggestions would be, but they would definitely add more variety to matches.