Bad hit boxes
Noticed after having a few games against huntress that she can hit you from behind very easily when you’ve cleared the hatchets, I’ve seen the same on streams and with friends that have previously played.
At first I put this down to bad connection but I’ve tested everything my end and it beens fine.
Are the character hit boxes just broken, it never seems to happen if I dodge front facing?
If they are broken, will they be fixed?
Comments
Hit boxes are not broken. They are simply the same when injured as they are if at full health. Despite the different looking animation. Now a hatched would miss a headshot, but if aiming slightly behind it would hit.
Edit: this video explains it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1a2p867wEAAnd then you also have the latency issue there as well.
Which makes it looks like you're in the clear except due to the latency you were still in range of the hatchet.
Shouldn’t the hit box change with the running animation like any other game or am I missing something obvious?
Watching that video makes it seem more broken to me haha, again I might be missing something obvious here, but surely it should change based on character stance / animation?
I know height wise it’ll stay the same for fairness but crikey it seems like they missed a trick there.
Why should it? Its not a first person shooter. The hitbox benefits survivors as much as killers. It all depens on how you play. 360ing a killer wouldn´t be possible otherwise.
But that seems more broken to both sides? Why not just fix the run animation hit box, least newer players won’t have to guess where the invisible hit box is when a player is running
It goes both ways, plenty of the environment blocks hatchets.
Im a 6ft tall killer but i can't throw over this waist high bush.
It definitely does man, I just feel like the core mechanics need a little more work on the players and then maybe they could focus on the environment like you say, it’s crazy how bad they are, definitely not fair for both sides.
Wonder how hard it is for a killer that stalks and you can’t stalk past an invisible barrier
You would have to ask this the devs. But its probably due to the spaguetti code. So adapting the hit boxes sounds easier than it would actually be.
Collisions are normally a part of the assets.
I believe they explained the way hit-boxes were designed was a way to have some uniformity between killers and survivors.
Otherwise, smaller survivors and slender killers would have a big advantage.
Can confirm it is broken.
This is an excellent topic about the killer lag advantage: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303696/busting-some-hit-registration-myths/p1. That's what is happening.
Hatchets always seem to connect with survivors, well around corners of walls.
Also, the hatchets that fly directly through trees... yeah, there’s that.
Nope.
When a killer acts, what he does is validated by the server. That's why there so many cancelled hits and grabs.
Another fact: some survivor cheaters start lagging in a chase because it makes them so hard to follow and to hit.
It's enough to disregard any claim of killer lag advantage.
Nope, you do not know what you speak of. Check that topic, and look at the official response. Not to mention the Dev diaries and twitch streams that confirm otherwise. Don't think your anecdotes mean anything, they don't.
Read again, this time without adding your assumptions of its meaning.
I read it once, you have no source and it's anecdotal. What more do you want me to say about it? I'm referencing facts and actual information from the developers. Killers have a lag advantage, this information is incontrovertible. Case closed.
its not hitboxes. its most of the time desync. the killer sees differently than what you see.
It's latency and behavior's awful servers. The servers they rent have difficulty keeping up with two ai zombies. It's rather sad.