Death order and mmr

Do you lose more or less mmr depending on the order you die as survivor?

Comments

  • I don't believe so

  • The amount of MMR lost or gained depends on the relative difference between your MMR and the killers MMR.

    If the killers MMR is higher than yours, then you lose less when you die, but gain more when you win, because it's assumed the killer is 'better' than you, thus it's a harder challenge.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I don't believe so

    In a Q/A they started that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th survivor to die lose less mmr.

    https://eip.gg/dbd/news/how-dead-by-daylights-skill-based-matchmaking-works/

    Personally I don't think that's enough. Because you can be the first to die after all 5 gens has been completed just because the killer had noed and everyone leaves you despite it being your first hook. And losing full mmr in that situation just feels wrong. But I doubt bhvr will adjust the logic to gain and loss so being unlucky like that just means you weren't skilled enough.

  • You do. The first one to die loses the most, then it decreases for each additional survivor. However, we weren't told exactly how much that's impacting.

  • I wish they would just show it all, i. e. like in warcraft rated battlegrounds, you are able to see team rating, your personal rating, your losses or your gains. Clear and nice system, I don't remember anyone complaining about it, although there is a hidden MMR as well, but it acts more like a modifier to your loss and gains numbers and your placement vs high tier or low tier players if you are on a win-streak or lose-streak.

  • @Stroggz said:

    I wish they would just show it all, i. e. like in warcraft rated battlegrounds, you are able to see team rating, your personal rating, your losses or your gains. Clear and nice system, I don't remember anyone complaining about it, although there is a hidden MMR as well, but it acts more like a modifier to your loss and gains numbers and your placement vs high tier or low tier players if you are on a win-streak or lose-streak.

    Yeah, but they said it encourages elitism somehow.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937696#Comment_2937696

    Yeah, but they said it encourages elitism somehow.

    That, and it would show how busted their system is.

    We can't complain about mmr balance if we can't see our mmr.

    Nevermind any way to see how you can improve yourself, even if it's just stats based data, (LoL does it well) It's all about making sure their isn't any toxicity at the end of the game and on forums.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937511#Comment_2937511

    In a Q/A they started that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th survivor to die lose less mmr.

    https://eip.gg/dbd/news/how-dead-by-daylights-skill-based-matchmaking-works/

    Personally I don't think that's enough. Because you can be the first to die after all 5 gens has been completed just because the killer had noed and everyone leaves you despite it being your first hook. And losing full mmr in that situation just feels wrong. But I doubt bhvr will adjust the logic to gain and loss so being unlucky like that just means you weren't skilled enough.

    I found it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7f_WPutq8&t=1999s

    33 minutes in.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I don't believe so

    seems it does


    @Seraphor said:

    The amount of MMR lost or gained depends on the relative difference between your MMR and the killers MMR.

    If the killers MMR is higher than yours, then you lose less when you die, but gain more when you win, because it's assumed the killer is 'better' than you, thus it's a harder challenge.

    33 minutes in


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz7f_WPutq8&t=1999s