Brutal Strength vs Enduring
Which do you prefer and why?
Specifically, which saves more time over all when it comes to chases? I’ve been using enduring but I’m wondering if brutal strength may be better
Which do you prefer and why?
Specifically, which saves more time over all when it comes to chases? I’ve been using enduring but I’m wondering if brutal strength may be better
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have a fondness for Brutal Strength since it also applies in other areas - faster generator kicking and faster wall breaking is a nice bonus on top of pallet breaking - but honestly, I don't think either perk is particularly fantastic on its own.
Enduring is good with Spirit Fury, and I don't know that Brutal Strength is ever really super viable in the current state of the game, so I'd say Enduring is probably a little better overall. Neither are actually good though, strictly speaking, so use either.
Enduring saves you more time overall + you force the other drop
Preference is based on the killer, at least in my opinion
Enduring is better for killers who can shred through pallets or have powers that incentivize you to not respect pallets overall - Demo, Bubba, Nemesis.
Brutal Strength is nice for killers who are weak to pre-dropping pallets which is most M1 killers and some projectile killers. Typically you don't want to give the survivor stuns when playing these killers and simply knowing in your mind that "if he doesn't drop i get a hit here" is enough to avoid the stun and break the pallet quickly
Depends on the build, and the killer. Corrupt, Pop, Brutal is a good build on any killer.
Some killers that survivors love to predrop against (Clown, Pinhead, etc) Brutal is the clear choice. Especially since they can use their powers to slow the survivors down during the break animation so they don't get nearly as much distance.
M1 killers with no antiloop, or killers who throw themselves at pallets as a projectile (Billy, Demo, etc) I think enduring is better on. It is a comfort pick for me and quite often just running through pallets like a tank will get you hits vs. greedy survivors who expect you to respect the pallet.
I much prefer having some chase perks mixed in with my slowdown and tracking. Even Blight I typically have enduring because it's great to never respect pallets ever.
4x slowdown perks is probably better overall but can make the looping feel like such a chore that I usually don't do it
Enduring + spirit fury. Nothing more satisfying than a survivor dropping a pallet on you and tbagging not knowing you have spirit fury.
Brutal Strength is bad because it promotes you just running up to every pallet and kicking it instead of playing around it. If you just kick every pallet and then run to the next one every time you will lose.
When you kick a pallet it essentially admits defeat and then you start over at the next one.
Brutal Strength > Enduring
It's faster to break the pallet. If you have enduring and get hit by a pallet you still have to take the almost 2 seconds to break that pallet. Save more time learning when to respect pallets, and breaking it with Brutal.
Both perks are pretty niche and useless most of the time unless you run enduring + Spirit Fury but then survivors are just gonna predrop every pallets and you won't be able to get Spirit Fury value so you just wasted 2 perks slots for nothing instead of using slowdown perks.
Overall I prefer Brutal strength I use it on a few killers that are really weak against predropping (Clown and Doctor for ex)
also Brutal is just a 'feel good" perk,kicking pallets/generators faster feels good for some reason just like Agitation moving faster while carrying a survivor can save you so much time.
I like Enduring better, I don’t get scared of getting pallet stunned. It’s so good paired with Spirit Fury.
Enduring for the sole factor of the moment when someone accidentally stuns you and you go to the same side as them then you swoop them up as you turn around
I think I prefer Brutal Strength over Enduring for two reasons:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either Brutal Strength or Enduring is a top tier perk, they're kind of mediocre honestly. But if I had to pick one or the other I'd lean toward Brutal Strength.