Man do i ######### love Dead Hard and survivors' meta so so much :3

lmaoooo.png

Edit: I don't care that i didn't get 4k. This post just was ment to show how Dead Hard, insta-heals and map offerings are a bad comedy and bhvr should do something about this.

I swear to God, can we just delete Dead Hard or at least make it so Dead Hard actually rewards survivor for dodging killer hits and not pressing e at last possible moment. This perk is simply put unfair and stupidly strong, not to mention that most survivors do use Dead Hard.

Remember pre-reworked Ruin and how every Killer used it?

This is exactly the same situation but it's even worse. At least you could destroy Ruin, ######### do you do with Dead Hard? "Oh just fake swinging m1/m2 or wait out the Dead Hard" good luck faking m1 or waiting out DH while looping dickhead. Also don't forget that they can hold Dead Hard as long as they want. Extra 20sec in chase can be game-changing to the result of the match while being extra painfull to high c tier/low b tier killers like GF and Legion, not to mention mid c tier and d tiers. Last week i faced one very good Feng player as Hag in swamp and i just could not catch her. Any time she was close to being down this perk saved her ass and she was amazing at holding Dead Hard as last possible second. Objectively this is such a stupid perk...and yes, i change my Steam name to "Dead Hard=Virgin" every time i play DBD lmaooo. Anyway...for Boons, BHVR can easily fix them as mechanic-totem breaks after you snuffed out Boon so no killer has to walk all the time to the top of tower in Eyrie of Crows if he wants to just snuff one Boon.

Speaking of Eyrie of Crows and maps in general, at least currently 10 maps should be reworked to be more balanced and not feel like a complete hell to killers and survivors.

Map offerings should be disabled when you are in swf (yes this was sweaty russian swf and one of them was streaming) or just be deleted from game for both sides (dude, one sweaty Bubba send himself to The Game with the strongest ######### and let me tell ya, although he only got 2k it was not very fun experience). And i left my favourites-Insta Heals. Why do they even exist? Aren't Med-kits already the best items in game? With Insta Heals+DH combo you pretty much have 4 health states. Is it really hard to change the meta and nerf overpowered stuff in DBD? DMS, Call Of Brine, Pain Resonance and Spirit rework prove that it isn't too hard to spice up the meta...I even did whole two long ass posts for improvements to the meta in DBD for both Killers and Survivors.

DBD must get a good health patch as fast as possible.

Comments

  • @TheMruczek said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LPNA2X0V20PW/lmaoooo.png

    Edit: I don't care that i didn't get 4k. This post just was ment to show how Dead Hard, insta-heals and map offerings are a bad comedy and bhvr should do something about this.

    I swear to God, can we just delete Dead Hard or at least make it so Dead Hard actually rewards survivor for dodging killer hits and not pressing e at last possible moment. This perk is simply put unfair and stupidly strong, not to mention that most survivors do use Dead Hard.

    Remember pre-reworked Ruin and how every Killer used it?

    This is exactly the same situation but it's even worse. At least you could destroy Ruin, ######### do you do with Dead Hard? "Oh just fake swinging m1/m2 or wait out the Dead Hard" good luck faking m1 or waiting out DH while looping dickhead. Also don't forget that they can hold Dead Hard as long as they want. Extra 20sec in chase can be game-changing to the result of the match while being extra painfull to high c tier/low b tier killers like GF and Legion, not to mention mid c tier and d tiers. Last week i faced one very good Feng player as Hag in swamp and i just could not catch her. Any time she was close to being down this perk saved her ass and she was amazing at holding Dead Hard as last possible second. Objectively this is such a stupid perk...and yes, i change my Steam name to "Dead Hard=Virgin" every time i play DBD lmaooo. Anyway...for Boons, BHVR can easily fix them as mechanic-totem breaks after you snuffed out Boon so no killer has to walk all the time to the top of tower in Eyrie of Crows if he wants to just snuff one Boon.

    Speaking of Eyrie of Crows and maps in general, at least currently 10 maps should be reworked to be more balanced and not feel like a complete hell to killers and survivors.

    Map offerings should be disabled when you are in swf (yes this was sweaty russian swf and one of them was streaming) or just be deleted from game for both sides (dude, one sweaty Bubba send himself to The Game with the strongest ######### and let me tell ya, although he only got 2k it was not very fun experience). And i left my favourites-Insta Heals. Why do they even exist? Aren't Med-kits already the best items in game? With Insta Heals+DH combo you pretty much have 4 health states. Is it really hard to change the meta and nerf overpowered stuff in DBD? DMS, Call Of Brine, Pain Resonance and Spirit rework prove that it isn't too hard to spice up the meta...I even did whole two long ass posts for improvements to the meta in DBD for both Killers and Survivors.

    DBD must get a good health patch as fast as possible.

    Honestly, whenever i play against survivors that dont run dead hard, the game isn't very challenging. i actually dont mind dead hard as it makes matches more fair

  • I don't like Dead Hard because I see so few survivors actually use it properly. Most of the time they just sprint ahead of me in a straight line and I just wait it out and then hit them right after. I feel like so many people bring it because they think they are "supposed" to bring it, or that its automatically going to be the best thing *for them* in every situation even when they don't know how to use it to even most of its full potential.

    It's a detriment to the game when there are so many interesting survivor perks that you can combine to together for different builds but everyone just uses these same few because they are supposedly the best. Dead Hards are rarely a problem for me, and if I down someone I previously hooked that I haven't seen do anything else then I just leave them on the ground for a bit. There, you now have two dead perk slots, way to go.

  • @Viskod said:

    I don't like Dead Hard because I see so few survivors actually use it properly. Most of the time they just sprint ahead of me in a straight line and I just wait it out and then hit them right after. I feel like so many people bring it because they think they are "supposed" to bring it, or that its automatically going to be the best thing *for them* in every situation even when they don't know how to use it to even most of its full potential.

    It's a detriment to the game when there are so many interesting survivor perks that you can combine to together for different builds but everyone just uses these same few because they are supposedly the best. Dead Hards are rarely a problem for me, and if I down someone I previously hooked that I haven't seen do anything else then I just leave them on the ground for a bit. There, you now have two dead perk slots, way to go.

    Well personally, I would love to innovate and "have fun" with perks. I'm tunnelled and camped 85% of the games I play (and so does everyone I play with in the vast majority of my solo queue games to be fair). So when I try to have a funny match and not take it seriously, I'm reminded this is DBD, and you don't just have fun in this game.

  • My favorite streamers and YT content creators are the ones that don't take DH for one match and don't shut up about it.


    Loading in: "I wonder how this match is going to go without DH!"

    Normal start: "Man, I don't even know what to do with (NON-DH PERK) because I never use it..."

    Killer chases someone else: "I'd take a hit, but I don't have DH."

    Other person doesn't have DH: "Wait, they don't have DH??"

    Takes hit at hook: "Sorry man, I have BT, but no DH!"

    About to be in chase: "Man, I don't know how this is going to go without DH!"

    In a chase: "Ohhhn noooo I don't have DH!"

    Unhooked: "DH! Wait! NO! I forgot I don't have it!"

    Idle: "Man... I keep forgetting I don't have DH. This is so weird."

    Dies: "if only I had Dead Hard, I would have lived!"

    Escapes: "Wow! That was a SUPER HARD match! I'm not used to things being so... tense. Did they buff (KILLER) or something? IDK, it just felt a lot more difficult than usual."


    You see it from time to time. It's always a chuckle.

    Dead Hard is a good perk, but the survivor community has come to lean on it like a crutch. It has become an unhealthy addition to their kit, IMO - because when some people don't take it, they feel dependent and helpless. I cannot begin to count how many DH observations and comments I hear on YT and Twitch. After playing with it for so long, survivors literally cannot work their stylings or levels of play around its absence. It has sadly accelerated many players into boosted MMR ranks, while also teaching them extremely unhealthy things about how to play the game, which encourages far more capricious and haphazard approaches rather than traditional survivor gameplay which revolves around subterfuge, stealth, and tense loops with mind-games.

  • I get that its frustrating to face DH when all they do is use it for distance to pallets, but it is still easily countered. If you got clapped by DH in any other circumstance than mentioned (Including most power based attacks) , they were probably good survivors who knew how to fake DH or be patient with it or you are just not as good as you think.

1 2 ›