Silence is immeasurable

Still not a single word on Anti Aliasing yet it's odd you guys finally addressed GhostFace's music being completely crap you acknowledged that rather quickly but why is it you guys are like that dog with the burning house meme (Everythings fine guys they love Anti Aliasing)


If you think it's helping peoples performance allow me to be the one to break it to you guys but stuttering is worse and frames are worse, instead of trying to slap a bandaid on it, which is what Anti Aliasing is, you could optimize your game. Does anyone actually want this awful setting forced? I want to see proof people asked for this if so.

Comments

  • I guess we need to just keep making threads or bumping the active threads until we get an actual response

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I guess we need to just keep making threads or bumping the active threads until we get an actual response

    It's a shame because these posts are thrown instantly into the feedback section, which might as well be the void section at this point. I don't understand what about Anti Aliasing Behavior likes sure it can benefit to some degree, but it's not a bandaid to optimizing your game this is months and months and months of not optimizing the game and instead just pushing things in, if they just dedicated a little time to optimization we wouldn't be in this situation what ever happened to Mid Chapter Patches being Optimization patches.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The thing is, AA doesn’t help anyones performance. It’s a bog on hardware and looks terrible. I can only hope there’s some internal discussion going on about why this change was pushed and how quickly they can revert it.

    We can only hope.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    Still not a single word on Anti Aliasing yet it's odd you guys finally addressed GhostFace's music being completely crap you acknowledged that rather quickly but why is it you guys are like that dog with the burning house meme (Everythings fine guys they love Anti Aliasing)

    If you think it's helping peoples performance allow me to be the one to break it to you guys but stuttering is worse and frames are worse, instead of trying to slap a bandaid on it, which is what Anti Aliasing is, you could optimize your game. Does anyone actually want this awful setting forced? I want to see proof people asked for this if so.

    Replying to bump this back to the top :). Yeah, it’s bad. I’ve never had performance issues this bad with the game (I play on PC). Just a simple explanation from BHVR to say “this is why we have AA active and no option for you to change it” would be nice - that would take about two minutes of someone’s time. The fact that we can’t even get that from them is really sad.

  • See now this actually angers me hearing this dude say "we're working on it right now we've got designs in the pipeline" two years ago. Seriously Behavior get a grip two freaking years to add an option seriously and you wonder why you get criticism all the time.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321256/silence-is-immeasurable

    Replying to bump this back to the top :). Yeah, it’s bad. I’ve never had performance issues this bad with the game (I play on PC). Just a simple explanation from BHVR to say “this is why we have AA active and no option for you to change it” would be nice - that would take about two minutes of someone’s time. The fact that we can’t even get that from them is really sad.

    Thanks man, and yeah, at least, something right, keeping us in the dark on this is gonna lead to people getting more frustrated, just come out and say why it's even active in the first place.

  • They just finished bragging about how 'transparent' they are and how they never make stealth changes (complete lie btw). They don't care about your feedback.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2928496#Comment_2928496

    See now this actually angers me hearing this dude say "we're working on it right now we've got designs in the pipeline" two years ago. Seriously Behavior get a grip two freaking years to add an option seriously and you wonder why you get criticism all the time.

    Yeah I mean like, I'm not gonna get mad at Patrick or anything because I imagine working for BHVR is a very turbulent thing sometimes, like I imagine they have like a billion things they wanna do and it just doesn't happen. It's why we don't get 'promises' like this anymore because people get upset (Rightfully so, of course)

    Then again they work like 3 chapters ahead of where the game currently is so idk


    But hey, this confirms that being able to disable it was something that was given the okay since they brought it back, so hopefully come the next hotfix they rectify this instead of leaving us hanging.

  • Is that why that flickering keeps happening in my games? I assumed that was just BHVR having terrible servers?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2928507#Comment_2928507

    Yeah I mean like, I'm not gonna get mad at Patrick or anything because I imagine working for BHVR is a very turbulent thing sometimes, like I imagine they have like a billion things they wanna do and it just doesn't happen. It's why we don't get 'promises' like this anymore because people get upset (Rightfully so, of course)

    Then again they work like 3 chapters ahead of where the game currently is so idk

    But hey, this confirms that being able to disable it was something that was given the okay since they brought it back, so hopefully come the next hotfix they rectify this instead of leaving us hanging.

    I don't blame Patrick. I blame Behavior, there's a difference; he's only the messenger, so he doesn't deserve blame, but whoever has put this off for two years deserves some criticism.

  • @Kurri said:

    Is that why that flickering keeps happening in my games? I assumed that was just BHVR having terrible servers?

    Nah, that's not it, but Anti Aliasing is supposed, to help improve performance, this is an example of it not doing that.

  • I will say that on PS5 graphics look slightly smoother, but in return the amount of stuttering, rubber banding, and freezes have shot up. 3 examples.

    1) Against a Trapper on new Haddonfield, first time get hooked, Trapper just stands there and admires my baby blue eyes. Shrug at getting facecamped til I look around and notice nobody is moving. After a minute or so game suddenly cuts to me in second state, Trapper vanished into thin air, Survivors are in different locations, and Im getting no skill chevks. After another minute, I die.

    2) Against a Legion. Get all the way to end game, get slugged at exit gate as someone gets carted away. Get close to the edge and suddenly legion just stops, and I can no longer move. This continues for about ten seconds than all of a sudden I'm in the middle of the gate and Legion is picking me up.

    3) Just about three games ago against Sadako. I go to pull a tape out of a TV near a gen and the whole game freezes for a minute, only for Sadako to suddenly hit me and the game pick back up.

    I have checked my internet and bandwith, everything is fine. No other games are having issues so it's defined DbD. And these things happen at the most random times. I'd make a bug report, but I've seen numerous times BHVR sweep issues like these under the rug cause they can't admit to making mistakes so I know the same will happen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Add an anti-aliasing toggle BHVR.

    edit: in the actual menus please. not the config. its been 2 years since your "promise".

    They should instead of ignoring it.