New MMR Changes
This is just my own personal experience. I started playing Killer and Survivor again during the recent MMR tests because I can't rightly criticize the system if I'm not willing to try to fix it. I continued to play once it was confirmed that changes were implemented, this is my experience.
As Killer:
My matches before the MMR changes were very hit or miss. Sometimes, they were incredibly sweaty and extremely unfun. Other times, the Survivors were clearly below my skill level. Post-MMR changes, it feels like the first few weeks of MMR. It is consistently awful and sweaty. This is the least fun I've ever had with a video game. Likewise, my queue times as Killer have gone up for some reason. They used to be instant to 20 seconds, now they're anywhere from instant to 2 minutes.
As Survivor:
Extremely long queues. Upwards of 10 minutes prior to MMR changes. Matches were completely random. Sometimes we faced a certain well-known Nurse player, other times we faced a Killer with one perk. Post-MMR changes, we have not won a SINGLE match. Every game is filled with horrible teammates and good Killers. The only game I escaped was a facecamping Bubba who just barely didn't get me with NOED. Queue times are still past 10 minutes, our longest queue was 14 and our shortest was 8.
All in all, my Killer games are unplayable so I'm not going to be continuing with that, I'm giving my feedback and quitting, as it were. As for Survivor, my SWF is getting fed up with constantly getting stomped, horrific teammates, camping Bubba's, hard tunneling Killers and two of them are pretty much at wits end with the game.
My suggestions? If you aren't up to admitting MMR was a mistake, dedicate your resources to fixing the game at a fundamental level. That includes camping, tunneling, gen rushing ect. These are all extremely unfun parts of the game that have NEVER been addressed and will need to be if MMR stays.
Comments
It has been a while since I've played Leg.
Waiting for that rework.
This new Mmr is definitely sporadic
Played a few artist games one game I didn't get one kill people were 100% better than me then the next game I went against 2 megs that didn't know how to heal deep wounds and they didn't know how the terror radius worked and ran into me
Yeah it's been all over the place for me. Killer games have been anything from dedicated bully squads to megs getting gen-grabbed after I literally walked up to them with spine chill.
Survivor games have anything from sweatlord spirits with mother daughter ring + dried cherry blossom tunneling people out at 5 gens to....
1 perk Billies getting curbstomped
That poor Billy
It's dumb. I got a meta pyramid head my first survivor game. Then I got OhTofu. Then a meta spirit with the best addons. Then a sub level 10 billy. And those were my survivor games last night.
Yeah I've had two weird games tonight on stream.
Since the update to mmr the quality of survivor games for me has dropped significantly. Still long queues but now it feels like I'm fighting my teammates rather than the killer.
I ran a billy on lerys for minutes and not a single gen got done because my teammates are crouching around and going in and out of lockers, I just want to know what elo hell I've been sent to.
Honestly same, but I just had a match with great teammates
That's the thing. I'll still get matches with good teammates. They are just much less than before and the bad games feel even worse.
Yeah, I feel that