Barebones Mode

How many people would play a barebones game mode where you have no perks?

Think it would be quite interesting and might be nice for newer players to learn the base mechanics better.

Comments

  • Ah the game mode where killers just tunnel and gens go fast.

    sounds lovely but I'll have to pass for other reasons obviously.....

  • I need my shadowborn + lightborn so no, thanks.

    And also as people said above, it would be probably less fun than the classic game we have. At least you can defend yourself with perks.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319901/barebones-mode

    It would be bad, and a slaughter mostly. Unless they took measures to give basekit BT and DS in that mode sadly.

    No perks = No BT saves and free tunnels. But cool otherwise.

    Come to think of it if you couldnt pick perks but had a set build for each role it could work

    Survivor: DS, BT so it stops all tunneling and unsportsman like behaviour but doesnt provide extra advantages such as chase or information perks

    Killer: corrupt, Scourage pain R. Some early defense so you dont lose instantly and would help trap based killers and Scourage just as a little defense/reward for a hook (could make every hook a Scourage tbh

  • Barebones doesn’t sound fun to me. Random Perk Selection sounds more my speed~

  • I have and still do playn perkless games just to really push myself

    If you haven't done perkless builds as surv or killer, I suggest you go for it.

    Years ago thats how I weened myself of Whispers,.... started playing perkless to train tracking ability long ago, you'd be surprised how much it can help get your innate skills up so you don't rely on perks as much as killer.