Hook Counter for Killers
Counter intuitively, the only time I want a hook counter is when I just want to 9 hook and not kill any of the noobies I just got matched it.
If I'm tunneling someone, I know exactly who it is I'm tunneling and how many hooks I have.
I know BHvR thinks Killers are morons, but really, how does not having a hook counter deter tunneling?
If I only have two hooks on one person.... I can keep track of that person.
Comments
I mean there is a counter of your total hooks above the gen count. Atleast that.
Hiding the individual hook counter from killers is just another gate kept qol change.
I am fine with the counter we have right now.
it's not even a good hook counter since you can simply do 4 hooks and camp at 1st hook and find that counter completed like you did 12 hooks...
Not if you want to play casual relaxed for 8 hooks, not kill anyone and have to keep in mind who got left going to second stage and who just got hooked twice.
But i guess playing casual relaxed (and joking around) is reserved for survivor and their swf (not your words but the general feel i often get in such discussions from people)
The excuse has always been that killers will know who to tunnel but hiding it only hurts the people who play for hooks and lose track ha ha ha
"Counter intuitively, the only time I want a hook counter is when I just want to 9 hook and not kill any of the noobies I just got matched it." Basement_Bubba420
Sure, buddy
Solution: Similar to Green/Iridescent Mori offerings, show a prompt when the survivor is on death-hook and in the dying state and/or while carrying them.
This cannot promote or make tunneling easier. What is the killer gonna do? Hook the already dead-on-hook person faster??
Sometimes a person DCs and the remaining survivors still try so I will try to get some hooks in and let them all live.
Other times I accidently camp someone in the basement and feel bad about it but I still gotta get those hooks for BP.
In both situations a hook counter would be nice for everyone because I can maximize BP and survivors don't have to deal with my peanut brain accidently killing one of the three Fengs.
This thread highlights the fact that hook counters alone prove beyond a doubt that once you know you hooked Bill twice, he is the most logical, strategic, and tactical person to chase next to kill.
They will tell you "tunneling" is a bad strategy, but a hook counter discussion proves that it is the correct thing to do, hence why devs will not give us individual survivor hook counts during match.
I would also like to know how many matches on each killer I play and some form of stats like time played per killer etc too there's no reason not to give us these things.
I find the "killers will tunnel more" logic absolute nonsense.
I want a specific hook counter because maybe I don't want to do that Bill dirty, but there's two of them and I don't know WHICH ones I've hooked.
Do you know how people I ACCIDENTALLY tunneled that I didn't want to?
Haha, I thought I was the only dumbass killer who couldn’t keep track. Honestly, I’d be more chill if I wasn’t frantically hooking anything that moves, looking for my fourth stack of BBQ. I never liked the argument that it will be used to enhance tunneling or camping. Uhhh, if they camp, they know who is on hook, if they tunnel they know which ONE PERSON they need to focus, the only ppl screwed are those who try and spread the pressure but forgot who they hooked already lol
it is hard try get every on deaath hook with out killing them but I try keep track.
what makes it harder is when people using same survivor and skin.
It'd be pretty nice for the identical bunny Feng situation.
Yes, they all have decisive strike.
I mean, it's helped me when I'm playing casual, figuring out who to hook next when not killing anyone
And how so?
It doesn't show who you hooked already, just how many hookstates are already eliminated.
Example:
3/12 could mean you one hooked survivor a,b and c or that survivor a is dead or someone went to second state and another one is hooked for the first time.
8/12: all survivor are on death hook or two are dead and one on deathhook with the last one never hooked.
Mix that with duplicate character, even worse with the same outfit and it helps you jack if you don't pay attention and keep each survivors hook states in mind.
Not really relaxing if the goal is to kill no one or at least first bring everyone to deathhook before starting to kill.
But good for you i guess if it did somehow.
Truth. There are so many times where I am trying to hook everyone twice, and then end up; "Wait, is it the Steve that still has a hook left, or the Nea?"
Then I do a 50/50 guess, and Steve is dead.
Now suddenly I'm the bad guy because Steve is the only one who didn't get out when I let everyone go.
But if I was tunneling someone, then I always know how many hook stages they have, and are focusing on going for that fast kill. A counter wouldn't tell me that. I'm not dumb that I don't know what hook state the survivor that just got off hook was at.