Day 365 of wondering.
Why is a survivors trash tier, rock bottom, ping / console ping MY PROBLEM?
Stop putting a shield around people with awful ping bhvr. The console to pc conversion is jank at best and made worse when they are on wifi or just being dragged into my lobby from the other side of the world by a "friend"
I should not hit someone who is mid vault over a pallet and get blood spray all over my screen, just to see them Dead hard after they touch the ground and run to a window.
I should not be chasing a survivor and suddenly be held in place by nothing at a pallet then stunned by said pallet and the survivor teleports to the pallet because your game/server is having trouble updating things.
I should not grab a vaulting survivor, only to let go, and hit the pallet while they phase through me and run off with no damage.
I should not shock a survivor who starts a vault, and watch them vault back again, long after they should have been stunned.
Why am i getting survivors who get random Sprint bursts on my screen but when i watch their twitch vod they are running normally?
stop with the shields for high ping survivors! they made the choice to play with that ping, not me or anyone else playing killer.
Comments
Have you ever considered that the person with bad ping is you? Especially in the second to last paragraph where you said that they were getting random sprint bursts on your screen but on their screen they are running normally.
20 ping.
I also check and they are over 100
I thought we could turn off crossplay? Or is that feature only for console to avoid PC cheaters?
It isn't limited to console. These problems just seem to show up more often against console players.
When in doubt, blame console
It’s great because I use WiFi on my pc and stol left great times and a 20 ping..
so perhaps blaming console isn’t smart..?
Oh, well if you have the option and your blaming console for terrible pinged players, then why not turn it off and have a higher probability of playing similar ping people?
Love the focus on the console part that even OTZ mentioned in one of his videos but ignoring the shield lagy survivors get that you are forced to play against because they hide pings to avoid dodging.
What have console to do with ping? I play on xbox and PC and i have 45-55 ping on both. 90% players I face are lower than 70 ping. Rare occasion that I face someone around 100+ ping.
I've noticed that the game loves connecting survivors to far away servers. I see 80+ ping far too often, even when I'm playing survivor.
Even with good ping, consoles act weird when it comes to validation. Back when they released pallet validation console users couldn't be touched, even if they had decent ping. They also seem to be the ones that mess with aim dressing (auto aim) and drag my killer into corners or window frames.
They also move weird. In one of Coconutrts's videos they were trying to figure out if someone was cheating. The survivor looked like they did two dead hards in a row, but it turned out to just be janky console movement caused by their framerate? That's what he said anyway.
I have been getting high pingers quite often in the last month for some reason. It's just really starting to get on my nerves, with dodgy things happening so often now.
Nice joke.
Movement because framerate? The game feels the same on both platforms. "movement framerate" is like flat earth conspiracy theory.
Console is the same PC but with different OS, even hardware is PC ish, the same direct x on xbox.
Huh.. must have been a different video where i saw movement was tied to frame rate. That's why the cheatsy blight flick worked until they patched it.
still. lag = weird movement.
Lags have nothing to do with OS, hardware. It is the latency between host and your PC (+ input latency, but it is usually low).
Also, game and PC\Console register your button presses -- those things do not depend on whether you see your game on 30 fps\ 60 fps\ 120 fps. This numbers effect only on your perception.
It feels the same for you, but the server messes things up. Just like the streamer getting random sprint bursts. On their vod they were running normally, but on my screen they would suddenly zoom away as the server tried to sync their position.
it has nothing to do with platform. its server and lag issues.
Old gen console are slow, they load slow, have stuttering same as old PC with 10 year old i7 and 8 year old GPU. I guess when PC or console stutters it produces some kind of packet loss or whatever and you see such things as getting random sprint burst.
streamer was on pc but had high ping.
What is with the insane defence of console on here? Say anything bad about it and people just hyper focus that and forget the rest of the thread. Every time something weird happens it seems to be against a console user. Ping is usually a factor but not always, this is why i feel there is some funny business going on with the servers and how it handles it.
Turning off cross play is not an option and the button is there as a scape goat for people to say "just turn it off"
deleted comment
As a console player, I promise you, the killers definitely hit me over pallets ans stuff. Don't worry about it.