Can they fix you being able to phase through Trapper mid animation?

So I saw this a couple days ago on a stream. I thought something was weird at first but in a bot game where I was trying to setup recording stuff (still working on it that's why there's a delayed audio track) etc.... it happened to me. The Dwight bot was clearly trapped in the corner but then as I'm setting the trap he just walks through me.

https://streamable.com/hu1nvm

Comments

  • Its probably to prevent situations you cannot escape as survivor. Like blocking an injured survivor in a corner and setting up a trap while using Bloody Coil. Or setting a trap infront of a locker someone jumped with DS (even though i dont know if the timing would even allow an escape).

  • @Tiufal said:

    Its probably to prevent situations you cannot escape as survivor. Like blocking an injured survivor in a corner and setting up a trap while using Bloody Coil. Or setting a trap infront of a locker someone jumped with DS (even though i dont know if the timing would even allow an escape).

    Even then I have seen no trappers do that. Now it just robs you of a down on a healthy survivor that got out positioned. The difference between the locker is that its meant to push you out of the way but since trappers in an animation it locks him in place so the game purposefully clips you through the trapper.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2909971#Comment_2909971

    Even then I have seen no trappers do that. Now it just robs you of a down on a healthy survivor that got out positioned. The difference between the locker is that its meant to push you out of the way but since trappers in an animation it locks him in place so the game purposefully clips you through the trapper.

    You can stop the animation at most times and just hit in the first place. I dont see any issues, and to be honest, ive never seen anyone running through a trapper during his animation in 5 years. And i am trapper main too.

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2910327#Comment_2910327

    You can stop the animation at most times and just hit in the first place. I dont see any issues, and to be honest, ive never seen anyone running through a trapper during his animation in 5 years. And i am trapper main too.

    You don't see it because its a fairly new issue. And the issue I'm addressing if someone trapping themselves in a corner as healthy then you just lose an easy down because you get to clip through a killer (which isnt intentional).