More changes to MMR and matchmaking?

This weekend MMR seemed to be much more strict than usual. At first I considered that my MMR had increased or maybe it was the login reward. However in several of my matches I've been placed with players that seem to be from different countries. I just now left a match with 2 players that seemed to be in a SWF. Their profiles were in Japanese and one of their profiles claims that's where the player is from. I'm in the South/Midwest of the United States. I've never noticed being matched with someone that far away until this weekend. So now I'm curious if there was another test or if unannounced changes were made. Or maybe I just missed an announcement.

Comments

  • They could have been using a VPN. Didn't ScottJund make a video about people getting matched with regions further and further away to try to alleviate queue times somewhat?

  • @Veinslay said:

    They could have been using a VPN. Didn't ScottJund make a video about people getting matched with regions further and further away to try to alleviate queue times somewhat?

    That's possible for sure but I've had probably a dozen matches this past weekend like that. But like I said I may have not noticed before. I only started looking because their names have been written in other languages or blocked out.