(PC) What dpi do you use?

And, as a bonus, do you change sensitivity in game? Or even change dpi in certain situations in game? Do you use different settings for survivor and killer?

Feel free to elaborate and specify.

Just really curious. See a lot of people hovering around 1000 +/-300 and now feel like a weirdo. Cause personally, I use 8000 and turn sensitivity in game down a little bit for survivor and a lot on killer. I'm just too lazy to use more than my fingertips to move the mouse. Moving it more than a centimeter just feels like too much effort ๐Ÿ˜…

Comments

  • I use 2400 on a g502 with all the weights in it. I move the mouse with fingers/wrist, I know some people use their elbow for even lower sensibility. 8000 would be too much for me.

    I keep this dpi in shooters.

  • Everyone out here talking about this and I'm just sitting here asking: What's DPI?

  • 1000 DPI. Used to be 800, but 1000 feels more right.

    I prefer a slow mouse. Means, in DBD I cannot do some stuff others can, but this is fine.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    Everyone out here talking about this and I'm just sitting here asking: What's DPI?

    tbh, can't tell if you're joking or not ๐Ÿ˜…but just in case: dots per inch aka mouse movement sensitivity.


    @Aven_Fallen said:

    1000 DPI. Used to be 800, but 1000 feels more right.

    I prefer a slow mouse. Means, in DBD I cannot do some stuff others can, but this is fine.

    what stuff for example? Only thing I can think if might be 360? --- Also out of curiosity: if playing ring around a rosie aka running in circles around sth ... what do you do after a couple of circles when the mouse is probably off-mousepad -- or do you smh not move the mouse as much to keep the view adjusted?

  • 400 and 50% in-game sens.

  • @JaviiMii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908801#Comment_2908801

    tbh, can't tell if you're joking or not ๐Ÿ˜…but just in case: dots per inch aka mouse movement sensitivity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908867#Comment_2908867

    what stuff for example? Only thing I can think if might be 360? --- Also out of curiosity: if playing ring around a rosie aka running in circles around sth ... what do you do after a couple of circles when the mouse is probably off-mousepad -- or do you smh not move the mouse as much to keep the view adjusted?

    If you cannot tell, best to assume they aren't. But yeah. I have no idea why people call it that instead of just mouse sensitivity.

  • @JaviiMii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908801#Comment_2908801

    tbh, can't tell if you're joking or not ๐Ÿ˜…but just in case: dots per inch aka mouse movement sensitivity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908867#Comment_2908867

    what stuff for example? Only thing I can think if might be 360? --- Also out of curiosity: if playing ring around a rosie aka running in circles around sth ... what do you do after a couple of circles when the mouse is probably off-mousepad -- or do you smh not move the mouse as much to keep the view adjusted?

    Flicks are more difficult with low DPI, as far as I know. I also only run with 50% Controller Sensitivity on both sides.

    And well, my Mousepad is fine so far. It is not even big, but I manage. But I cannot really describe what I do, since I never put any thought into it how I use my mouse.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908997#Comment_2908997

    If you cannot tell, best to assume they aren't. But yeah. I have no idea why people call it that instead of just mouse sensitivity.

    I guess the "everyone" threw me a little there ๐Ÿ˜…

    And while mouse sensitivity is self-understood as a term it doesnt quantify/measure that sensitivity and afaik all mouses give their sensitivity in dpi.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2908997#Comment_2908997

    Flicks are more difficult with low DPI, as far as I know. I also only run with 50% Controller Sensitivity on both sides.

    And well, my Mousepad is fine so far. It is not even big, but I manage. But I cannot really describe what I do, since I never put any thought into it how I use my mouse.

    fair enough, fair enough.

    And ye, I Imagine flicking being v difficult / a lot of effort.