Hangman's Trick

How about instead of alerting you when someone's about to sabo a hook, it just made hooks impossible to sabo?

Mad Grit and Starstruck hard-counter bodyblocking, why not have the one sabo countering perk be more useful?

Comments

  • I don't know about flat out blocking hooks from being sabo'ed, that seems a little too op for my taste.


    I'm thinking maybe a slowdown to hook sabos within your terror radius plus the notification that someone's trying to sabo a particular hook.

  • Honestly I liked the old version of Hangman's and I feel like it was better.

    If they would bring that back but put on top of that like 30-50% slower Sabo speed it would be ultimate hook guardian perk.

    You would never run out of hooks and it would be way harder to Sabo in your face.

  • It still sounds useless, but would be hilarious in the off chance you get matched up with a sabo swf.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Honestly I liked the old version of Hangman's and I feel like it was better.

    If they would bring that back but put on top of that like 30-50% slower Sabo speed it would be ultimate hook guardian perk.

    You would never run out of hooks and it would be way harder to Sabo in your face.

    i would have old hangman trick back with the aura reading but up to 10 metre.

    it was a great perk, being able to restored sacrifice hook which made few situation like slugging in a corner due to no hook in reach non-existent

  • That’s a ridiculous idea. You would entirely negate a whole play style and perk with just one of your own. You could make it respawn sabo’d hooks a bit faster, and/or slightly slow down the speed. But not by much, due to how sabo works now.

  • I would agree with this OP....

    Hangman's Trick should slow down Sabo speeds (maybe from 2.5 seconds to 5-10 seconds)

    Sabo'd hooks respawn faster but not all that fast

    And having Aura reading up to 4M (or maybe 6M)

    @GoshJosh said:

    That’s a ridiculous idea. You would entirely negate a whole play style and perk with just one of your own. You could make it respawn sabo’d hooks a bit faster, and/or slightly slow down the speed. But not by much, due to how sabo works now.

    So COH negating Hit and Run gets looked over?

  • @GoshJosh said:

    That’s a ridiculous idea. You would entirely negate a whole play style and perk with just one of your own. You could make it respawn sabo’d hooks a bit faster, and/or slightly slow down the speed. But not by much, due to how sabo works now.

    Negating an item with a perk is nothing new. Lightborn makes you immune to all blinds but not many people would call it a powerful one (and a lot of people consider it a pretty weak perk). If anything discouraging sabo plays actually helps the survivors because it coerces them to actually do gens instead of spending a bunch of time trying to set up hook sabo saves which don’t usually work in the first place and even when they do you could have spent all that time finishing a gen instead.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I would agree with this OP....

    Hangman's Trick should slow down Sabo speeds (maybe from 2.5 seconds to 5-10 seconds)

    Sabo'd hooks respawn faster but not all that fast

    And having Aura reading up to 4M (or maybe 6M)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906045#Comment_2906045

    So COH negating Hit and Run gets looked over?

    It doesn’t negate it; it simply helps counter it. Big difference. Negate = completely neuter, counter = work against. Same reason why Stridor had to be nerfed in relation to Iron Will. And let’s not go off topic of the thread - fair to say CoH is the one new meta survivor perk that’s already scheduled for another nerf.

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906045#Comment_2906045

    Negating an item with a perk is nothing new. Lightborn makes you immune to all blinds but not many people would call it a powerful one (and a lot of people consider it a pretty weak perk). If anything discouraging sabo plays actually helps the survivors because it coerces them to actually do gens instead of spending a bunch of time trying to set up hook sabo saves which don’t usually work in the first place and even when they do you could have spent all that time finishing a gen instead.

    I understand, and already take issue with Lightborn for the same reason. It’s old Stridor vs. Iron Will. Doesn’t matter how strong it is or not; it’s bad design to have something completely unusable by one side because ‘Hee hee, I used a perk slot.’ Same reason the devs shouldn’t make Distortion able to have infinite tokens, for unlimited aura blocking.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906212#Comment_2906212

    It doesn’t negate it; it simply helps counter it. Big difference. Negate = completely neuter, counter = work against. Same reason why Stridor had to be nerfed in relation to Iron Will. And let’s not go off topic of the thread - fair to say CoH is the one new meta survivor perk that’s already scheduled for another nerf.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906225#Comment_2906225

    I understand, and already take issue with Lightborn for the same reason. It’s old Stridor vs. Iron Will. Doesn’t matter how strong it is or not; it’s bad design to have something completely unusable by one side because ‘Hee hee, I used a perk slot.’ Same reason the devs shouldn’t make Distortion able to have infinite tokens, for unlimited aura blocking.

    I don’t have a problem with any of the perks you mentioned except for Iron Will which feels a little too strong at 100% reduction (I think it should be 90%). Effects countering each other is perfectly ok from a design standpoint in my opinion.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Honestly I liked the old version of Hangman's and I feel like it was better.

    If they would bring that back but put on top of that like 30-50% slower Sabo speed it would be ultimate hook guardian perk.

    You would never run out of hooks and it would be way harder to Sabo in your face.

    I missed that hangman so much especially on bubba :(

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I would agree with this OP....

    Hangman's Trick should slow down Sabo speeds (maybe from 2.5 seconds to 5-10 seconds)

    Sabo'd hooks respawn faster but not all that fast

    And having Aura reading up to 4M (or maybe 6M)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906045#Comment_2906045

    So COH negating Hit and Run gets looked over?

    Yeah.

    It's balanced if one killer perk counters 4 surv perks, not vice versa.

    especially if 1 survivor perk counters a power.