Boon rework idea
I know you guys probably get a ton of this so I'll keep this brief in case you've all heard it before, but I think a solution to boons that would satisfy both parties would be to make boons "darkened" if snuffed, which causes that specific totem to act as a hex totem for the purpose of blessing it. (in short, doubles the time it takes to bless it, and is still identifiable by hexes that pick dull totems like NOED)
I feel this would add counter play and a deterrent from abusing any future boons that may be released, and allow to make them stronger to compensate.
Comments
Boons were a bad idea. They have no place in the game. Totems are for killer's hexes, not for survivors to get boosts for the whole team.
I think boons are fun, take away the survivor's time to give a big buff to your whole team, I love that supportive playstyle. It's just that right now they're very abuseable and that makes them unfun and poorly designed in my opinion
Boons are fine the way they are. The only really strong boon is COH which is fundamentally a flawed idea because it removes players reliance on others to heal them and thus killers are no longer able to apply the pressure needed for survivors for slowing down gens. Is boon expediential really that strong? Or is shadow step OP? Not really. I promise you if COH never existed nobody would have an issue with boons.
I disagree, I feel like perks like dark theory were designed with the boon system and how easily abused they are in mind. I would much prefer stronger boons, with niche ones like shadow step (it's still an amazing counter to popular perks like nurse's calling), as long as they have strong, defined counter play.