Status Effect changes
Exhaustion I think has been a rather simple and not very effective affliction. All it does is prevent you from using a exhaustion perk.
What If instead of just that, perhaps it does something more? Being exhausted means being incredibly tired. What if for the limited time your gen speed is slowed? or something along those lines.
Same with blindness. Aura reading isn't really all that important for survivor unless your solo queue. maybe it does the mend effect where your screen gets darker and darker, making it an actual problem for survivors. making Hex:Third Seal not useless.
Comments
For Exhaustion, because Fearmonger exists, it would make it so doing gens would always be slowed because Exhaustion would slow gen progress.
For Blindness, I can see that working, but I can see that being unnecessarily annoying for some, and more annoying than effective. Many of the previous visual effects in game have been reduced in potency due to them causing too many visual issues for those with less than stellar eyes.