If killers was allowed to break boon totems would it be fair...

To slightly buff all of the boon totems and revert back circle of healing to 75%? Would this be a fair trade off?

Comments

  • Absolutely, I think if a killer stomps a totem it should kill the survivors perk altogether for that trial and not allow them to just go and re-boon the same totem or instantly just go boon another. I've had situations playing as a survivor where killers have decided to drop a chase entirely to snuff a boon, only to have another pop up in 15 seconds, it's ridiculous. If they just deleted Circle of Healing then boons would be one of my favorite new mechanics they've added over the years.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I absolutely believe killers should be able to break totems. Though I believe certain hexes should be able to be relit as well. I just think totem warfare sounds fun lol

    Relight undying like 50 times

  • Make the little shits play find the hex, and keep relighting them both

  • No it wouldn't make it fair. One killers get a really big indication to where the boon is by the sound. If you take that away then sure if the killer wants to break the totem that is fine. The problem is it is a group AoE giving a perk to all and not just one. The reason boons are broken is because it means one member of a SWF can bring free healing for all and easily help the whole team. No matter how much they "nerf" (sorry but a AoE healing no matter if its slightly slower is always going to be good) to truly nerf it needs to be only useable by the player that brought it and give them a greater benefit. I am a player who uses CoH and I am saying its an extremely good perk.

  • I think the issue with how it stands now, is that people wann treat hexes and boons similarly.

    Survivors can hunt for hexes and permanently delete them in a match. Killers can't. They also don't have the same alternative to just hunt down the boons since it can take too much time away from gen defense. If there's remotely any communication, you'll never get to the boon in time to prevent it from being made.

  • @DriplordDrew said:

    No it wouldn't make it fair. One killers get a really big indication to where the boon is by the sound. If you take that away then sure if the killer wants to break the totem that is fine. The problem is it is a group AoE giving a perk to all and not just one. The reason boons are broken is because it means one member of a SWF can bring free healing for all and easily help the whole team. No matter how much they "nerf" (sorry but a AoE healing no matter if its slightly slower is always going to be good) to truly nerf it needs to be only useable by the player that brought it and give them a greater benefit. I am a player who uses CoH and I am saying its an extremely good perk.

    It's not a big indication, you can hear it, but it isn't really that directional and can be heard through out the entire radius and through floors. It's not even that loud

  • If not destroy, putting the perk on a cooldown for letting it get caught out by the killer should be fair. That, and the fact that cleansing and blessing take the same amount of time. Blessing should be longer, even if marginally so. 18 to bless, 36 seconds cooldown?